We interrupt this blog...

to bring you an important announcement about lice, sleeplessness, and general malaise. We hope to resume normal programming as soon as possible.

*************************

Yeah, the lice is still there. Some people warned me that the Rid treatment might not be enough to get rid of it. They should rename that stuff "Might Get Rid Off" treatment... 'cause that whole plain Rid thing is so not 100% effective.

So far, just Nandi seems to be having an issue with it. The treatment worked great on Eli - and, fortunately, Noah, Sim, and I have all seem to have been spared. Although it didn't stop Sim from buzzing his hair off the other day and pouring half a bottle of listerine all over it. Hee hee. Yeah, apparantely he learned of that trick - as a "natural de-licer" on the internet. Just to let all you men folk out there know... don't go buzzing your hair and nicking your scalp and then pour listerine all over it.

Nicked scalp + Listerine = Massive Pain (and Sympathetic, but Amused Wife)

And, especially don't do it if you don't have lice. What's the point? Unless you like to inflict some sort of weird torture on yourself and smell like floor cleaner.

Anyway, we're still trying to nip the whole nit thing in the bud.. so we are going to be incognito for a few days. Besides that, the kids have been having horrible fits at night and I look like a walking zombie.

Do any of you feel that you spend your nights playing Musical Beds?

One kid wakes up crying, "Mommy", so you run in there (because your husband has selective hearing and manages to sleep through it all). And you comfort Child #1, only to then have to wake up Child #2 to go potty. Then you get back into bed, but Child #2 can't go back to sleep because you just woke him up to go potty. So, you run back in there and sit on the edge of the bed and rub his back until he falls asleep. Then, you get back to bed and hear music coming from Child #3's room... and you go in there and find him playing with a toy that you forgot to take the batteries out of. And then you hear Child #1 crying, "Mommy" because Child #3's toy woke her up. So you get her back to bed and then wake up Child #2 one more time to go potty.. because he has a peanut bladder. And then you all finally fall asleep only for Child #3 to begin his nightly ritual of shrieking like a howler monkey from 4:00 - 7:00 in the morning.

And, then, you know you're supposed to eat healthy and drink your Green Smootie, but all you really want to do is comfort yourself with an extra large French Vanilla Cappucino, a bag of donut holes, and a Krispy Creme.

Speaking of which... the one bright light in all of this.... Sim bought an indoor rowing machine.

Did you know that you can burn off a whole Snicker's bar in 20 minutes? And it doesn't require aerobics or coordination or trying to keep in tune to techno music? I love that thing!

In fact, I'm about to go burn off the coffee - with SIX hazlenut creamers - that I just consumed. And it'll only take me 20 minutes. Put on some Charlie and Lola for the younger kids, plop Noah in my lap (because he likes to do it with me.. and it adds extra weight... and he's the only kid that didn't get/doesn't have lice, so I don't mind his head rubbing up against me) and then burn those calories off. And I have to do it... because I know darn well my energy level is going to slide and I'll be needing another one of those coffees in about 1 1/2 hours.

And... can you believe it's the last day of March???? Summer's around the corner...

Leslie

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey! So glad to hear that Noah was without those little critters. I was praying that he wouldn't have to undergo any treatments.

We missed you all yesterday.

Hope you get some rest soon. See you on Thursday?

julie
Recovering Noah said…
Hey Julie! We're not sure about Thursday yet. We're scheduled to go to Austin, but Sim has to work and I don't have anyone to watch Eli and Nandini. I'm waiting to hear back from HALO to see if I can bring all the kids with me. If I can.. then I won't be there on Thursday. If I can't... well, I might be there. It depends on whether or not any creepy crawlies are visible on Nandi's head. :-)

Leslie
Paddy said…
Hi Leslie,

Growing up in India my sister and I (both had long hair which was tightly braided most of the time) used to get infected at least once a year in school. But we never applied any chemicals - we used to have our hair combed with a fine-toothed comb to get out the lice and then a finer toothed comb to get out the nits.

It does kinda sound unhygienic but to us catching lice was not such a major event and one of those events you could not avoid. I think the coconut oil my mom used to apply to our hair EVERYDAY probably killed off any lice adventurous enough to alight on our hair.
Cherie said…
I love your blog so much! Your stories always make me smile.I'm glad that you keep us updated on the latest happenings @ your house, because we really missed you Sunday.

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

My 10 Minute Catch-Up Blog Post