Another Photo Essay

This is way overdue, isn't it? Lately, this blog has turned into "Leslie's House of Fun" - so I decided, for today at least (lol), to get back to the basics of the blog and post some pictures of my Three Musketeers....


This is Eli climbing - as he always seems to be doing. I think he may be part monkey.


Mama Ruby on the seesaw with Noah. And, nope, she didn't need help getting off. She's a sprightly young thing.


Pa Lester proving that 80-something is the new 30-something. Man, he's a lot more agile than I am!!

Eli and Nandu making "dirt food" at my parents' land.....And they actually expect you to taste it! Oh, the antics of preschoolers.


How's that old Peter Gabriel song go? "Diggin' in the Dirt..."


Nandi - all decked out with her shovel - waiting to help Papa dig the trenches.


" Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, It's off to work we go...." Don't worry. They got paid with cookies.


My two handsome boys - chillin' on the back porch.

Nandi and Eli in the outfits I brought back from India. Nandu is actually wearing Noah's, but she insisted on putting it on after seeing Eli in his.


Nandini and Eli on the seesaw at Mom and Dad's place.

Finally! Eye contact!!! Hello, little Noah. You're growing up so fast. Where'd my little baby go??


Noah walking the plank with Mom.



A familiar scene in our kitchen floor of Eli having a meltdown. So dramatic, that little guy. He's actually thrown himself on Noah (who likes to lay on the floor just for fun) and is crying out, "Noah! Oh, Noah!! Oh, Noah!!! Nooooooooooooaaaahhh!" as if Noah is actually going to save him from the evil wrath of Mom (that would be me). Who even knows what he's tantruming over. Dude's got issues.


Familiar scene: Part II. Look out for this kid to win an Oscar in 2028.


Eli and Nandini mesmerized by the site of the first ducks of the year. I don't think Nandi had ever seen a duck before. I literally had to carry her in the house. She would've stayed out there all day.


A picture of our first ducks of the year.


Noah drinking out of his Shrek glass from McDonald's. This is actually a really big deal. Do you know how long he was on a sippy??? And look, Ma, one hand!!

P.S. If any of you have a Shrek glass to spare, we would be so grateful. There are 4 different ones and he broke 3 of them. This is our last one and you can't get them in the store.. and it's the ONLY glass he will drink out of to take his vitamins. Just another quirky thing about autism.


Yeah, we're so cool. We're actually too cool for this picture. What are you doing even taking it? Get out of here!


Little Miss Pigtails. Man, she looks at least 5 here, don't you think?


A pull-up on the ceiling fan. What on earth is it doing there - and, more importantly, HOW did it get up there????


Noah eating - or rather not eating - his potato and cauliflower korma. We loooove it when the kids don't finish their Indian food because then we get to polish it off for them.


A rare moment when they're both smiling and not trying to kill each other.

Playing doctor...but, you know, in a good way.

Nandi playing with the crib and doll that my mom made me when I was a little girl. That there's an antique!


Eli chillin' on the rocker reading the dinosaur book I picked up at a thrift store in Austin.



And, last but not least, the TRUE state of my house. This mess happened by 8:30 in the morning. Clean as a whistle the night before - but then Hurricane Eli and Tornado Nandini came blazing through and left mass destruction. Noah... good as gold. He just minds his own business and strums his guitar. Seriously.

And that's a a few days in the life of the Three Musketeers.

Leslie






























Comments

Cherie said…
My girls LOVED the photo essay! They made me read about Eli's melt down at least 6 times and they have now re-enacted the scene several times. You should have You Tubed it...we could all enjoy the show...and it would cause us to remember you in prayer :)!

Your parent's place looks like a lot of fun. I would love to visit them sometime when your mom is feeling better.
Anonymous said…
Hee, hee! I was showing Brett the pictures, and when we got to the last one, he gasped and said, "Uh ohhhhhhhh! Eli made a mess!!??"
Dreama said…
How cute! I love the pigtails!!!Why is it that my house looks like your living room and I only have one kid???
Amy said…
Ok- you know I love it when you write and make me laugh out loud. BUT, your cute kids pictures- sorry, but they got you beat! I LOVE seeing their beautiful faces and even the messes they so carefully made. Now how exactly did the pull up get up on the ceiling fan??? :0) Makes me want to come and play!!! Amy
Michelle said…
Leslie,

I have an extra Shrek glass (it has been used) if you would like to have it just e-mail me your address and I will gladly mail it to you.

Take Care
Michelle

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!