Praying for Abby


Do you see the little girl in the pink cap? Isn't she adorable?

Her name is Abby.

She's four years-old.

She has leukemia.

And she needs your prayers.

Tomorrow, Abby starts her most intensive phase of chemotherapy. The problem is that there's a good chance she might not survive.

You see, not only does Abby have leukemia, but her family recently found out that she has a gene marker that makes her FOUR TIMES as likely not to survive the first year.

She nearly didn't survive the last round of chemo - and it wasn't nearly as intensive as the next round is going to be.

Abby's family is asking that EVERYONE please pray for Abby as she starts her intensive chemo tomorrow.

And I'm asking that YOU please visit their blog for more information on how you can specifically pray. Also, there's a video posted today that will give you more information on Abby's journey.

If you do one thing today, please let it be this.

Thanks.

Comments

Michelle Riggs said…
Thank you so much for praying for Abby and telling others about her. We love you guys.
Adeye said…
Hi Leslie
It is so wonderful to 'meet' you here. Goodness, it sounds like we have a lot in common---I wish I could come over, have a cup of coffee and hear about EVERYTHING you have walked through. This is SUCH a new journey for our family---we are pretty much taking it one day at a time. Yes, taking Haven out of school was the best thing we could have done--she must have had the shortest career in public school history, a whopping two weeks :) Things are soooo much better since she has been home. She is completely non-verbal, as is your Noah, I see.
Thank you so much for writing, I really do appreciate it. Some days I wonder who on earth is walking in similar shoes to me---praise God, I just found someone :)
Adeye
TracyC said…
Thanks Leslie for letting me know. I am praying.
Amy said…
Praying here too. Love ya, Amy

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

My 10 Minute Catch-Up Blog Post