Sugar and Spice??? Naahhhhhh!

What are little boys made of?

Snips and snails, and puppy dogs tails

That's what little boys are made of !

"What are little girls made of?"
Sugar and spice and all things nice
That's what little girls are made of!"


I could not wait to have a little girl! After spending several years of my life surrounded by hot wheels and dinosaurs and dragons and fart jokes, I was ready for a little bundle of pink. I envisioned sitting around a play table with my daughter - having tea parties and playing dolls. Wearing matching Mommy and Me outfits. Hitting the bargain racks. Watching Annie together. Giggling over which Wiggle was the cutest.


I had images of this.....


And this...


And this..



Instead, I got this...


A child who dresses up in pull-ups instead of Disney Princess....



A surfer chic who likes to dress herself in boys swim trunks over her pajamas, wear red knee socks, and a jacket that says, appropriately, Rascal...


A plumber's butt...

A girl who likes to get dirty and mucky. And, no, this actually isn't the famous lice expedition that I've been blogging about. It's the contents of about 4 plastic sand buckets.


A raid-the-bottom-bathroom-drawer-and-play-with-all-the-tampons kinda girl...

And finally....a child who'd rather pretend to bite the head off a rubber snake than eat a pretend Princess cake.


Yes, that's my Nandi. Tomboy Extraordinaire. A fistful of dynamite packed into a petite little body. A force to be reckoned with. A girl who knows her own mind.

Don't let the sweet smile fool you....

Or she'll whack you over the head and steal all your pocket money.

Comments

Anonymous said…
That's awesome!!!
Anonymous said…
Oh! That brings me back to my younger days when my brother decided to take an empty tampon to school for "Show and Tell"! His teacher called my Mom to ask her about his "telescope"! lol

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

My 10 Minute Catch-Up Blog Post