Thursday Thoughts and Ramblings

Sorry, I haven't been on much lately. Things have been crazy around here.

Sim and I came to the conclusion that I need more RPM training, so I've been busy trying to fulfill the requirements to attend a 4-day training session in Austin. It'll be in June and I'll be going all by myself. Yeah... like a mini-vacation. All by myself. That's like my dream come true. Except now that the reality is approaching, I'm actually wishing the whole family would be there. I'm not going to want to go to Phil's Icehouse by myself - sitting there eating my ice cream like a big goober and missing my kids.

Oh, who am I kidding. I'm going to have a blast!

Anyway, one of the requirements is that you video yourself doing RPM with your child. And therein lies the problem. I suck at it. I'm awful. I'm sure they are going to view the video and immediately contact me and schedule an emergency training session ASAP.

It's that bad.

I did take after take after take. Finally, last night, we ended up with a decent session. Of course, by that time, I was fed up and didn't give a hoot what I looked like. So, now, everyone at the training camp will get to watch a tape of me wearing a ratty T-shirt that says, "Campbell Soup's 1989 Tour of Figure Skating Championships", with stringy hair, no make-up, and a pair of blue shorts that I did not realize rode up so high until I videotaped myself trying to squeeze behind a kiddie table.

I guess that's why they call them KIDDIE tables... because after getting Noah all settled, I could pretty much only get one short-clad thigh squeezed underneath. The other leg just splayed out like a baby colt learning to walk for the first time.

And, it was so apparent that I'm starting to inherit my Granny Betty's spider veins.

So attractive, let me tell ya. Soooooo attractive.

I bet you all can't wait for me to represent East Texas at the training conference. I'm sure I'll do you all proud.

Let's see, besides that, we are seriously thinking of putting our house on the market and moving into an RV on my parent's land.

Seriously talking about it. I think it would fall under the category of "What's the Craziest Thing You Would Do to Get Out of Debt?" And really, it's not so much about debt, but about striving to live simply and being able to pay for things... like dentist bills for 5 people who continue to get cavities no matter how much they brush, spit, rinse, floss, and mouthwash. Ya know??? So, we are actually thinking about it. The kids love it out there. I spend all my time out there. We'd have the money for Sim to go back to England to visit his family when he wants. We could continue Noah's RPM therapies without worrying and maybe continue OT past our 30 insurance visits. It just makes sense.

And then we realize that we'd have to keep our house clean the entire time it was on the market - and then we get cold feet.

And then we look around at all the junk we've accumulated and think "wouldn't it be awesome to just get rid of all this stuff and just live simply?

Yeah, it would!

So, we are going to have a mega garage sale sometime next month. De-clutter, get rid of, and start assessing the damage... which includes lots of grubby walls dust bunnies. And then maybe we'll get the house listed in a few months.... wait 3 years for it to sell... and then be on our way.

But we're really excited because it's going to be one cool adventure.

Okay, I am running SO late. We have a cranial sacral appointment in Dallas this morning. Then, we're off to either Whole Foods or Sprouts because we're out of "fish eggs" and the kids have been beggin for them. No, not real fish eggs, but those gelly capsules of Omega Oils. Yuck. But they LOVE them, so who am I to complain. Then, we're off to see my friend, Raji, who is from India and has 2 kids - one who has autism. She lives in Irving and there are tons of Indian grocery stores there. I always feel like a doofus when I go because I just stand there in the aisles completely overwhelmed. But I LOVE the smell. All those spices mixed together. Yum!

And then off to LifeGroup - where my kids will NOT infect anyone with lice because we've finally gotten RID of it. Yea!!!!

Leslie

Comments

C said…
I think it's a GREAT idea! Close to family, living simply, being amazing stewards of your money ... seriously ... what's wrong with that?

And manufactured homes kick butt these days!!

Sounds like heaven to me.
Cherie said…
Also , if you got the motorhome before you sold the house you could live in the motorhome while your house was on the market, thus avoiding the problem of trying to keep a clean house while it is on the market.
Cherie said…
Plus your think of all the
$ you will save on groceries...your dad said that you should bring a loaf of bread with you (bread is cheap) they provide the rest! hehehe
With all the savings, all of you could go to England!;)

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Why I Haven't Been Blogging