Checking In

Well.. I could blog about my trip to Austin... but there's not much to say. I have absolutely no idea what Noah learned because I stayed in the waiting room with Noisy Nandini and Excited Eli. I spent the whole hour trying to keep them quite. In retrospect, that's kind of silly because, after all, it's a therapy place for kids with autism... not exactly the quietest clientele around - know what I mean? So I stressed myself over nothing. Anyway, because I wasn't able to view the session, they had to make a DVD of it for me to watch at home, and it cost me an extra 25 bucks. That, plus, all the food we bought... lots of moolah down the drain.

We did stop off at the Waco zoo on the way down there. We got in free because we're members of the Dallas Zoo. Let me say.. I loved the Waco zoo! Sometimes those smaller zoos have really got it going on. They have a cool little playground and this really neat slide that slides right through the otter exhibit - and the otters swim around it. Very cool. Although Noah got stuck in it and I had to squeeze my fat butt into a slide designed for size 0 models, but other than that, a good time was had by all.

We also stopped off at Target on the way back and bought the movie Enchanted. Brilliant movie the first time around. Still as good the second time. Maybe even the third time. But 3 x's a day, every day?? Oh my gosh. I have seriously O'D on this particular movie. I even caught myself saying, "Hey, babes, why don't we put on a little Barney"... so you know I must have had enough.
But that's okay because I have my NEW favorite kid's movie. Nim's Island. It came out yesterday and all the Studio Movie Grills had a free showing this morning for kids with special needs. I blogged about this a few weeks ago when we went to see Horton Hears a Who. It is the ONLY time we get to do things that are considered normal.. and I hate to use that word, but it's true. There are so many things that we can't participate in as a family. So it's really cool to be able to go the movies. Anyway, LOVED the movie. I really did. Man, they are getting good with these kids movies. Seriously. It's not like having to sit through all those Mighty Duck movies or 102 Dalmations from a few years ago. Those movie execs are really wising up.

Plus, they put in Scottish hottie Gerard Butler to entice all of us moms to take our kids and watch.

Good move, Walden Media, good move.

Anyway, I thought it was really good. Even laughed out loud at some parts. That either means it was really funny or I was just really desperate to leave my house.

Hmmm.. probably kinda both, I think.

And that's it. Not a lot going on. Going to take the kids outside to play and then pretend I had no time to cook supper and probably end up ordering a pizza. Shhhhh!

Have a good weekend!

Leslie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!