Photo Essay

See, Computer? I couldn't stay away from you for more than an hour. I finally realized how to make The New One in My Life love you... by making it all about her. You see, toddlers are very narcissistic and love looking at pictures of themself. But... moms are smart. I can post a photo essay chockful of pictures of The New One, but print words underneath. So, I'm actually blogging in a very sneaky way and spending time with you - and she thinks it's all about her.

Aren't I clever?


This is a picture of Nandini and Eli with their container of squirrel and bird feed. Most if it gets thrown within a range of about 6 inches - which means we have to frequently wash off all the bird droppings from our front porch.


Eli with his 'coon skin hat. Don't you think he's channeling Davy Crockett in this photo?


Who needs to hire a maid when you've got a 3 year old ready and willing to help?? The only one of my kids (actually, entire family) who enjoys cleaning. We love you, baby!


Nandini cleaning Eli's dirty belly.. with the equally nasty dirty sponge. But, hey, they actually quit fighting for about 30 seconds!


Why I LOVE garage sales. This whole outfit cost 50 cents. Isn't it adorable? I cannot wait for Garage Sale season to kick up again. Aww, who am I kidding? In Texas, every weekend is cause for a garage sale. (Go, Texas!)

The kids poking around in our compost heap. They're a lot braver than I am - that sucker has spiders! I don't get within 5 feet from it. I make the kids empty the compost bucket.


Nandini in all her full, morning glory. Check out that hair!


Aww, my little Noah. Wondering why I always have a camera shoved in his face. Here he is eating my homemade muffins. At least someone liked them!



Doesn't this look like a day at the beach? Nope, it's just the construction site of the half million dollar condos they're building across the street. The kids will be so sad when they're all built - they love playing over there. (Are we trashy or what? A family outing consists of walking across the street and having the kids play in sand dunes at a construction site).


Eli with his harpoon stick. Yes, this is the same stick he chases Nandini around with. Gotta love the little guy.


Nandini (with her mini-spear) and Eli beating the tar out of our neighbor's mailbox. Ooops.

Yep, you can always tell when people live on the lake because they have mailboxes in the shape of fish.

Ours is a bass - courtesy of the lady who lived here before us.


Simeon giving the kids a snack and looking at me like, "You think this is camera-worthy? Get a life!"


All three kiddoes at the park. Actually, it's the playground at the local elementary school, but we sneak in on the weekends.


Sim, pulling our load - plus the dog - on a Sunday outing.

Nandini conquering the slide. I love this photo. Don't know why - but I do.


Eli - looking as handsome as ever.


Simeon improvising a magic carpet ride/kite flying thing (okay, who knows what he's doing) with the Blue's Clues sheet we used for our picnic.



Nandini and Eli making a mess out of our backyard. (Noah was sleeping).


Nandini with her first artistic masterpiece.


All 3 kids at my parents' land. They just sold their house and are moving out this way. They'll be 17 miles away from us - as opposed to 77.


Eli - showing that mud is that boy's favorite toy. He is one mucky fellow.

Noah, the tree hugger. Most people want their kids to be doctors or lawyers... .when we found out we were adopting Noah, my wish was for him to be a tree hugger. No joke. I had visions of him being an environmental activist. I bought him his first pair of Birkenstocks waaaaaay before he was able to wear them. And although the whole activist thing might not pan out, he is definitely fulfilling my wish to be a tree hugger. He loves trees. He can stand in front of a tree for hours - just "talking" away - happy as can be. When we saw him do it for the first time a few years ago, I realized that God definitely has a sense of humor. Despite the autism and the delays and all the broken dreams, God fulfilled my wish of Noah becoming a tree hugger. Isn't that awesome?

Ooh la la. Isn't this the cutest picture? Those two love each other so much. Eli looks after Noah in ways I never imagined. He is fiercely protective of him. I absolutely love this picture. I am so blessed to have those two boys in my life.


The Three Musketeers chillin' on the four-wheeler. Don't worry. We took away the keys.

Finally! Both looking at the camera at the same time. My two little Indians.


Nandini in another garage sale get-up. The rubber boots, though, were a gift from Nonna and Papa for Christmas. She adores them. I wish they made those wellies in my size!

Noah, just hanging in the woods - all content to be surrounded by trees. If only we could all be so happy just experiencing the joys of nature.


So there you have it. More pictures of my brood than you ever wanted to see. But, aren't they lovely??
Leslie








Comments

Amy said…
First of all- I LOVE YOUR NEW LOOK!! Just gorgeous! Second, ok, I was in total picture heaven! It was 'almost' as good as spending the day at your house! :0) Third, you are a clever one- not me, I'm just like "go away kids, mama's on the computer can't you see!". Hee/Hee just kiddin (kind of) Amy
Dreama said…
Cute, Cute, Cute!!! Yes, the computer became my best friend when Mike did away with the cable, LOL!!! The kids are cute! And the design...I am loving that also! Talking about the new design, did you tell her what you wanted or what? I have looked around for a year at different designs and people who do them. I'm just cheap and I can do the $20 thing, LOL!!!

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!