THIS is why we're so exhausted all the time...


Are ya'll sick of all the videos yet?

This was taken last night at the North Texas Irish Festival. Sim and I used to volunteer there when we were first married, but it's been ages since we've been. And, let me tell you, I'm so glad we went! It was just fantastic to do something as a family - the WHOLE family.

The kids are already asking to go back and we're making a list of all the upcoming cultural festivals that we can go to. Let's see... the Ft. Worth Main Street Festival is next month, along with the African Unity Festival. The Dragon Boat Festival is coming up. There's Scarborough Faire (love me some Scarborough Faire! I worked there as a serving wench during high school). The Texas Scottish Festival will be in Arlington in June. Can't forget the big celebration for India's Independence in August. And don't get me started on everything in the Fall... The Tyler Rose Festival, Czech Fest, OktoberFest, GreekFest, WorldFest.

Basically, we love a good festival. I don't care if it's a festival celebrating, oh, I don't know, The Rituals of Worm Mating... if there's corny dogs and funnel cakes - I'm there.

And looks like I'm raising three little young'uns who are following my footsteps. LOL

Anyway, we had loads of fun. Oh, but don't even get me started on Nandi. She tried to strip off her clothes TWICE. I told you she was in training to be a future nudist. Honestly, do you have any idea how embarrassing it is to look over and see your daughter munching on a fried cabbage leaf completely topless?

That's girl's going to be dressed in overalls for the next 10 festivals we go to. (She can't undo the straps - ha!)


Comments

sarah bess said…
I love festivals, too. Y'all are blessed to live where you do. Although maybe you should consider coming to live with me. No one thinks a thing of kids being nakey here. When one of my kids was small, I forgot that America isn't like that and stripped my toddler down to the undies to run thru a water-spray playground at a park on a hot summer day. Got some disgusted and suspicious looks, and quickly threw the dress back on. Sheesh!
sandwichinwi said…
I bet she looks durn Texas cute without a shirt in her overalls!

Blessings,
Sandwich
Nikki said…
AHHH- no way!! That is so cool. And so awesome of them! How fun is that knowing that Anoop is watching the video?!

And daycare definitely isn't for a lot of kids, but you are right- it is definitely so good for Jod. I need to think of a way to get his parents to interact more with him at home, but I don't think I can do that without stepping too far and making them seem like bad parents, which they aren't. So I guess I will just do what I can without that!
Lisa said…
Hey, this is not about this post, but I thought it might be helpful to you. At our local Walmarts, in KY, don't know if it is "country wide" they have these little word replayer things from Leap Frog on clearance for $10, originally $24.99. Here is the link. It is not on sale here, but if you think this could be helpful to Noah or the others, you can search your local Wally Worlds to see if they have those items on clearance as well. They have several Leapfrog's on sale for $10. We got Dylan the fridge abc thing for next year's christmas present. They also had count with me maracas (sp?) and animals sounds too.

http://www.leapfrog.com/en/fridge_phonics/fridge_talk.html
Kelly said…
Holy Cow!!! I think I found a dance partner for my daughter http://dawsondiaries.blogspot.com/2009/02/oh-yeah-shake-your-booty.html

SHAKE IT Buddy!

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!