No Noah Video Tonight :-(

It's been a rough few days. I've said it before and I'll say it again, autism can be very unpredictable. The highs are high and the lows are low. Today was one of the lows.

Noah hasn't been sleeping much lately and he's been crying a lot. Getting frustrated really easily and hitting himself. The hardest thing is not knowing why he's doing this. Is he hurt? Is he mad? Is he bored?

I'm sure it didn't help that Tweedledee and Tweedledum spent the whole evening running around like wild banshees jacked up on speed. Sim actually asked me what I put in the casserole tonight. Seriously. Those two were wired. It was even stressing me out, so I can only imagine how it affected Noah.

Anyway, Noah has just not been himself these last few days. He started a new homeopathic remedy and he always has some sort of a reaction after the first week. Maybe that's it. It breaks my heart, though, to see him like this. And I cannot imagine living in a world where you can't communicate. I can think of no other way to describe it than this: It sucks.

We did try to record Noah watching Anoop tonight and the first few seconds were really good - Noah definitely got excited when he saw Anoop on the stage - but then Thing #1 and Thing #2 came tearing through the living room playing "T-Rex is going to eat you" and Noah ran out of the room crying.

And just because I want to stay in the running for Mother of the Year, I will NOT be playing that video for you.

So what'd you think about AI tonight? I will say that even though the song choice wasn't my favorite, I thought Anoop sang his song beautifully. He has such an amazing voice, and I'm glad we were able to hear his falsetto. Dude sure can hit a high note, can't he?

Anyway, don't worry, Anoop. Noah is still your #1 fan. He may not have caught your entire performance tonight, but he did spend the better part of the day in his room listening to the Clef Hangers "Time Out" CD.

BTW, Noah's favorite Anoop song from when he sang with the Clef Hangers is Keane's "She Has No Time". You can find a video of it HERE. MY favorite is THIS ONE. Sigh. Prepare to swoon.

Wow, I'm surprised I was able to type a coherent blog post. At least I think it's coherent. We're all working on practically zero sleep. I'm praying that all three kids have a restful, peaceful night tonight - 'cause I sure haven't been getting my beauty sleep.

Good night. Tomorrow's another day.

Comments

Linze Kate said…
I know how those days are too - All I can say is that it DOES get better, which I am sure you know deep down... My autistic sister has definitely become a different person from the time that she was seven or eight till now... She'll be 18 late this year.
Anyway, you are GREAT! I love reading your blog and really draw inspiration from it... You manage to keep such a fun, light-hearted spirit in your writing even when you have had one of "those days" and I feel some of you shine through your writing. Haha... that sounds cheesy, but it's real! :) Short end of the stick: I think you are an amazing individual!
Keep the head up and I hope your week gets better! Oh, and I thought Anoop was AMAZING on Idol tonight - haha! Straight up, that boy can SING! Love him - love the song you posted... *melted*
*muah*Linze*
Chantelle said…
I'm so sorry things have been so tough the past few days. I'll say a prayer for you all.

P.S. Still like Danny better.;)
Mom 4 Kids said…
Here's hoping you all are getting some sleep! Hugs to Noah!
Hi! I came by to say hello. I have been so busy that I have neglected to check up on things and do my BLOG. It's great to see your babies doing well and looking beautiful!! I hope all is well with you. How's the weather where you are. We got snow and rain. Have a fantastic week!! I'm thinking about ya!
Nikki said…
No way!!! That sounds sooooo amazing!! I can't wait to hear about it.
Pri said…
your son has excellent taste. that's my fav anoop song too!

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!