Operation Indian Princess


I've wanted to write about Sarah for a long time now. Honestly, I just didn't know where to start. How do you describe someone is who so completely amazing and has the most beautiful and wonderful and selfless heart? I was afraid I wouldn't do her justice - and I really wanted to write something passionate and eloquent, something that would make all of you go straight to her blog and read about all the wonderful things she's doing for the lives of Indian orphans. But I didn't know what to write, so I kept delaying it... but today she wrote about a fantastic idea, Operation Princess, and I realized that, regardless of whether or not I can do her justice, I HAD to let you all know about her.

Sarah lives in India with her husband and three kids. They run India Christian Ministries, and Sarah "adopts" children from government institutions and places them in various homes that she's set up in her area. We're not talking healthy, robust children here. Sarah has a heart for those who are left behind... those with severe mental retardation, autism, cerebral palsy, birth defects - those who were never adopted from an orphanage and "aged out" and were put into institutional care.

There's Rachel - who's leg was in a cast for so long - who was never taken of - and who now needs an amputation.

There's little Noah, who has scoliosis, whose hip is out of joint and who has bilateral microphthalmia.

There's Promise - sweet Promise - who most likely laid on her back on a bare floor for the last 14 years. She is blind and has so many health problems that I wouldn't know where to begin. Was she ever held? Did anyone ever wipe her tears and tell her she was beautiful? That she is loved?

Sarah does just that. She takes these kids and see them how Jesus sees them. And she doesn't just put them in homes - she takes care of them. She makes sure that they have access to the best possible resources - OT, PT, Speech Therapy, Special Education - and all the operations they need to help them have a full life. She fights for them. Loves them. Grieves for them. Cares for them. 42 of them. All wonderfully made in the eyes of the Lord.

Today, Sarah started Operation Princess. Her latest three posts are about this new endeavor. You can find Sarah's full blog HERE .

Please read about Operation Princess. If anyone in our area has a dress to donate, please contact me and I'll pick it up. I hope to collect as many dresses as possible so that these wonderful, beautiful girls can feel pretty and special. Because they ARE.

And while you're at it, please look through Sarah's entire blog. It is truly an act of God. You will be amazed.

Comments

sarah bess said…
Leslie, this blessed me more than I could ever say.
Nikki said…
I love reading Sarah's blog!

And that is so great- thank you so much for sending them! And Lil Monkeys is awesome... I can't wait to bring him back! I think I had as much funa as he did, haha
Anonymous said…
hi leslie, thank you for sharing! can i send you the girls dresses to give to sarah, or where would be the best place? what a blessing she is.
Wendy said…
Thank you for showing me this wonderful gift. I just sent Sara the money to sponsor Rachel's year of school. Change the world, one child at a time!

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!