Noah's Autism Slide Show

Two years ago, we created a slideshow for Noah's website to help raise money for his autism treatments. Well, that site has long since been abandoned. Blogging is much easier! I've been wanting to shut the old site down for awhile, but wanted to get some of the content off it first. So, that's what I'm going to be working on for the next week or so.

The first step was getting Noah's slideshow on the blog and - fingers crossed - I think it worked. The slideshow shows how Noah changed as he started to regress into autism. It ends with him being 4 1/2 years old. He's 6 1/2 now. So much has changed since then, but also, so much hasn't.

It's bittersweet watching the video. I cry each time. I know I have nothing to complain about. We are so incredibly lucky with Noah. He truly has a heart of gold. He is without a doubt the best thing that has ever happened to me. And I truly mean that. But, still, the "I wonder's" and the "What might have beens" do creep up from time to time. As it says in the story, "Welcome to Holland", you learn to love and enjoy your life - you end up having a wonderful and fulfilling life - but deep down inside you never, ever, ever forget that this wasn't how it was supposed to be.


Click to play Recovering Noah
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!