A Day on the Lake

We finally took the boat out today. It's just a little aluminum boat about 40 years old with a trolling motor. We can row faster than the motor goes - but, still, we had a great time. It was the first time Nandu's been out on the water and she LOVED it. We literally had to hold the strap of her lifejacket to keep her from going over. She just wanted to keep leaning over the side and dunking her face in the water.

Of course, she learned that trick from her big brother, Noah.

Sim and I are burnt to a crisp. You'd think we'd learn by now.. but, nope.

Anyway, here are some pics from the day. We tried to catch some catfish by hooking bits of salami on a toy fishing rod.. but no such luck. I think the Three Musketeers were making way too much noise. Plus, I have no idea what we'd do if we actually caught one. Freak out and throw the whole rod in the water, I guess. :-)







-h/DSC00519.JPG">


Comments

Anonymous said…
LOVE the photos, looks like the kids had such a good time!
Leslie, James said you called but erased the message b4 I could get your phone #.If you need ...call me tonight, or send me an email..
jrogers@onco-tx.com

a.jane
Dreama said…
WOW!! it looks like you guys had such a great time! You had a beautiful day for boating! See you Thursday!!
Amy said…
FUN!!!! Sorry about your sunburn but I bet it was worth it. Amy
Mike said…
Man the look on Sims face grasping the throttle of that huge outboard motor it looks as if he was anticipating the hypercharger to kick in at any moment....LOL

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!