Lorenzo Odone Passed Away

Lorenzo Odone, the little boy whose life is featured in the movie "Lorenzo's Oil" passed away yesterday.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/05/30/lorenzo.odone.ap/index.html

I rewatched the movie shortly after Noah was diagnosed with autism. I was so struck by how persistent and diligent Lorenzo's parents were - and how they refused to give up - and in doing so they discovered Lorenzo's Oil.

His parents NEVER gave up. Even when he went from a vibrant, multi-lingual little boy to a man who could not move, speak, or communicate... his parents NEVER gave up. And I just think of how many children afflicted with ALD have been helped because of that persistence.

If you haven't seen "Lorenzo's Oil", you really should. In fact, I think I'm going to have to watch it again.

Leslie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!