Beached Whale

Today I finally joined my kids in the little plastic pool we bought a few weeks ago. For days, I've been sitting out on a lawn chair going over homeschool stuff while keeping an eye out for any sign of Nandini trying to sit on Eli's head and push him under the water. But today it was just so stinkin' hot that I dusted off my swimsuit and decided to join them.

As I neared the pool, Eli shouted:

"Wuh Oh, Nandi. Look out! Here comes Free Willy!!"

Now, I assumed he meant Free Willy, the whale. But seeing that willy is also what he calls his dingaling, I figured I'd better get some clarification - and fast.

I think the words "'cuz you look like a big whale, Mommy" cleared up any confusion.

Thank Goodness.

Although, I'm not sure being compared to a giant whale is any consolation prize.

Ah, four year olds. Ya gotta love them. They just shoot straight, don't they? None of that "You look fine. Don't worry about it" crap that adults give. Nope. If a four year old thinks you look like a beached whale, then he'll tell you.

I'm sure hoping the eye doctor determines that he needs glasses. With really thick rims.

That would make me really happy.

But, seriously, I'm not going to worry about it too much. I try to take things he says with a grain of salt. I mean, this is the same kid who five minutes later told Nandini that it was okay to poop in the pool because poop in a potty stays big, but poop in a pool shrinks and gets really tiny.

What????

I have no idea where he comes up with that stuff. Although if he's correct that poop in a pool looks smaller, then you can guarantee that my next swimsuit is going to be a solid brown one-piece.

I'm just saying.

Leslie

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey Leslie, I just can't get enought of Eli stories. I look for new ones everyday! Jaimie T
Michael Cooper said…
haha!!! I without a doubt love your blog!
sandwichinwi said…
ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!