Guess Who Eli Likes?

So, guess what Eli's discovered...............




Yep. The Adventures of Mary-Kate & Ashley.

I blame you, Cedar Creek Public Library.

We went in and checked out some movies that Eli wanted to see. Namely, Sound of Music and Snow White. So, a week passes and he remembers that he hasn't watched Snow White yet. Well, we pull it out, put it in and....

it's Mary-Kate & Ashley.

Some doofus switched tapes on us.

But, hey, I'm a doofus, too, because I once turned in our Lion King video in a 101 Dalmatian's video box by mistake.

All Doofuses of the World Unite!

We were bracing ourselves for a mega meltdown... but he loved it. In fact, I was in Austin with Noah yesterday and Sim said Eli watched it 8 times.

Now, in all fairness, it was "The Case of the Sea World Adventure" and had whales and sharks and stuff. But he also said that the girls in the movies are "soooooooooo pretty" and we did catch him dancing along to the musical numbers.

Which brings me to this. It is so bizarre watching The Olsen twins in a movie. I've never seen one of their movies before. They sing. And dance. And are 9 years old. And cute. And I can't help put picture them now with their stringy hair, humongous purses and ginormous sunglasses - and bony figures.

And, they're, like almost 22 now.

Very bizarre.

Let's just hope this isn't the beginning of a new obsession. His dinosaur one is going on 3 years now.

If he finds out that their are 379 MK & Ashely videos out there, we are in deep trouble.

Leslie

Comments

Anonymous said…
Those were my favorite movies too...except...I'm the same age at the Olsen Twins..

My favorite song was, "Who stole the great Hope Diamond? Who killed the dinosaur? What's in my uncle's dresser drawer?.(la la la)...."

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!