We will soon resume our regularly scheduled blogging

Just wanted to write a quick post and ask everyone (you know, all five of you out there) to please bear with me while I'm adjusting to being back home. I'm suffering from horrible jetlag and just can't seem to get it under control. I've been up since 1:00 this morning (it's now 6:00) and I'll soon be headed to bed.

Thank goodness I've been blessed with a fabulous hubby who puts up with it. But he goes back to work tomorrow and I dread to think of the state I'll be in.

Anyway, I live in a house with extremely light sleepers, so the clicking of a keyboard in the middle of the night just won't do.

As soon as things return to normal (i.e. as soon as I quit keeping vampire hours), I'll post more videos and pictures and thoughts and such.

Just wanted to explain the lack of posting on here since I got back.

Had a fantastic time. Sooooo much to sort out, but am looking forward to getting back into a regular routine on Monday morning. Right now, I just sort of mope around the house in a half state of extreme tiredness and depression. The trip to Sarah's was my life for the last year and it's hard to figure out what to do now that it's over. Although, realistically, I know it's just the beginning.... especially seeing that Sim plans to make a trip over this year and I've already had people emailing me asking if we'd plan another group trip. It is very hard, though, to get back to "normal" when all I can think about is those precious children halfway around the world.

Please don't take that to mean that I've been neglecting my own kids... not at all. I'm glad to be back, but I definitely left a piece of my heart over there.

Okay, Nandi just wandered into the kitchen and needs some snuggles. And then it's off to bed.

Good morning everyone! And good night to me.

Comments

Nikki said…
Right now, I just sort of mope around the house in a half state of extreme tiredness and depression. The trip to Sarah's was my life for the last year and it's hard to figure out what to do now that it's over. ---- I sooooo get this.... I hate this stage. Happens to me every single time I come home, and seems to last longer with each trip. Not fun.

Hope you are over the jet lag quickly!
marythemom said…
Glad you're back!

Mary in TX
Cherie said…
You must be getting back into the swing of things. When we spoke this morning you we doing therapy with Noah. Hope that the rest of the day was as productive for you!
I got my mom on her plane back home today...feeling kinda sad, but grateful for the unexpected, extra time that I got with her. It was a blessing!

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!