Last Day in Ongole

First of all, I want to thank everyone for their sweet and inspiring comments on the blog post I wrote over the weekend. Ruth, I. Heart. You!!!! :-)

I would love to make this another long post, but the truth is that the only reason I was able to do that on Saturday was because I was literally in bed for about 24 hours and I borrowed Sandwich's laptop. The computer here at the internet "cafe" (lol - you really do need to see this place!) has a sticky keyboard and it's very hard to type... so this will be a short one and I'll save the long ones for when I return.

This is my last blog post until probably Thursday or Friday. Today, we run errands and I'm going with one of the ayahs to buy spinning toys for the kids with autism. I'm very excited. I was finally able to pull myself together yesterday and work with Michael! He is so smart and has loads of potential. I truly, truly believe he has the potential to be high functioning and verbal if he is worked with consistently. I love that little boy.

Tonight, we take the kids to the fair and I'm very excited. We're taking the ones that were in Sandwich and Rosebud's group all week. Christopher is in that group and I haven't even begun to tell you how crazy I am about him. Issac, too. More about that when I get home. (And, YES, I do love the little girls here, too. I'm not all about they boys. lol. Rachel is wonderful and don't get me started on how I just want to stow Victoria away in my suitcase...)


I also have TONS of pictures to post.

Regarding Jaron, he is in a different room from "my boys". But I will say I was very excited to see him. He has put on weight and all of his bed sores are gone! Praise God!!!! I also got to see his ayah feed him yesterday and she fed him exactly like a mother would... very delicate and gentle with love in her eyes. It is obvious that he holds a special place in her heart and he is LOVED here. Again, thank you Jesus!

I have to end this now. We leave for Hyderabad tomorrow and we're all very sad. But we will be taking several kids with us who need medical attention at the hospital, so we get to spend some more time with them which is good.

Please pray for our trip. Several of us have been sick, and honestly, I'm worried about the flight home and the 8 hour drive to Hyderabad with a kid on my lap. My stomach is still not right and I feel for everyone who has to sit next to me. (blush... snicker!)

Will write more when we get home. One more thing, I'm afraid this computer has a virus so if you get any weird emails from me or attachments, don't open them okay?

Praising God that He allowed me come on this trip and spread the word about Sarah's and the amazing children here. Will write more in a few days.

Check out Erin's blog for some pics: www.allrpreciousinhissight.blogspot.com

Leslie :-)

Comments

Not By Chance said…
Hi Leslie!

I came across your blog...we have 4kiddos, 2 we adopted from India. Our 4 yr old daughter, whom we brought home in October, has CP. I saw the purple indor swing in your video of Noah on Christmas...I would love to know where you bought that.. I know it would be great for our daughter...
When you get home and have a chance to breathe, please drop me an email. :) Thank YOU!

Susie
Susq22@yahoo.com
Jane said…
As I communicated to Sandwiche; Selfishly I'm sorry to see you leave as my days have been so reriched following your travels however, I take solace in the fact that you will be in your families arms soon. Safe travels!
Anonymous said…
Aw, Leslie ... I puffy heart you, too. A shout out on your blog is the last thing I expected, LOL! I meant every word of my previous post. You rock, dudette.:-)

I hope you start feeling better quickly! Travel safely, please. Have a wonderful reunion with your crew!!!

B'shalom -

Ruth
Anonymous said…
P.S. - Your shout out totally made me blush ... :-P Thanks for being so kind.

Ruth
Sneha V said…
Aww - sorry you've gotten sick!
If it makes ya feel any better - when we "American Kids" go back to India & get sick, our families think it's so funny that our American stomachs can't handle it.
[[In a nice, family, teasing way of course :).]]
& Internet cafes...who doesn't love them?! :D

Hopefully you've been relatively unattacked by misquitos [there's a 'K' in there somewhere - I just don't know where]!

Have a safe trip home!

<3 Sneha
Cherie said…
Leslie...we just made it home and are excited about the news coming from India. I know it will change everyone and can't wait to hear the stories and see the pictures. Emily and I have prayed faithfully for you guys and for all that God would do in and through you.
I don't pretend to know His purpose in having us turn back in Jersey. It has been a long and exciting trip home by train...Always, our desire is to serve Christ. Blessings on your trip home!
Anonymous said…
Leslie--Thank you for the update on Jaron. He holds a special place in my heart.
Blessings and prayers for a safe trip home.
Lori
Anonymous said…
Praying for you all on your journey home. Can't wait to see everyone's pics. In Christ, Donna Newman
Kristi W. said…
Leslie,
I've been following your blog for a little while also and should have de-lurked myself before now. :) I have two daughters who are adopted from India (and two bio sons). I talked to Sarah a couple of weeks ago about bringing a group of volunteers to spend a week in Ongole. It's something I have had in my heart to do for a while, sounds like we have similar passions. It has been so great to hear your take on everything at SCH and glean info for our potential trip. Care to go again? :) We're thinking Sept/Oct of this year. I love your heart, and so appreciate you putting everything out there for others to be inspired by.

:)Kristi W.
kristiwerre@yahoo.com
werrefamily.blogspot.com
Anonymous said…
Hey Leslie--my email is hayden01@tds.net. Will you email me when you get home and settled? I have some questions for you. My husband and I are starting an Intl adoption-India.

Lori P.
Anonymous said…
Hi Leslie!
I'm one of your faithful 'lurkers', After learning about Sarah's efforts and your trip in your blog, I was inspired to donate a little. I hope you get better soon and have a good trip home!
Cherie said…
So glad that you made it home and hoping that you are getting some rest! I fought the urge to call you ALL day, knowing that you hadn't been home with your family in 10 days and that it was Sim's day off. Tomorrow is Friday...and I've given you a whole day of "rest" ...I'm dying to hear the stories! Looking forward to our get-together tomorrow night. You'll be there, right?
Hope that you are feeling well.

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

My 10 Minute Catch-Up Blog Post