On Our Way to Ongole

Hey there! Guess what time it is? It's 5:15 in the morning. Who needs to get off her butt and jump in the shower and get ready to leave for India in an hour? Me!

Just call me Last Minute Leslie.

I just finished handwriting 10 letters to the kids, one for each day that I'm gone and feel like I've written 10 short stories. I'm getting all emotional. I'm going to miss my kids so much!! It just feels differently leaving this time, knowing that I've got three little ones at home. The good thing is that Sim will be home for two weeks and he's, you know, the "Fun Parent". I came home the other day and found him with one end of our balance beam (it sets about a foot off the ground) raised up onto one of our kitchen chairs which just happened to be sitting on top of our coffee table. I walked in and found Nandi literally touching the ceiling!

For those of you who are local, please check in on my kids now and then and make sure there aren't any broken bones. Sim is, uh, quite the adventurer. If I come back and find out that all three have newly purchased unicycles, I might just collapse on the floor. (Lol - Love you Sim!)

Well, I know that I promised that I'd write about all the things we bought with your donations and I feel a bit like scum for not doing that yet. Please don't think I don't appreciate your donations, because I do. You all have helped contribute 8 new beds with mattresses, blankets, sheets, and pillows to Sarah's Covenant Homes. You've helped buy the complete... and I mean, the full-on complete, mega collection of Signing Time DVDS, books, CDs, and flashcards (a whopping $750 value that we got for $250 on Ebay!!). You've helped buy Boardmaker Plus... which is invaluable for PECS, 10 chewy tubes for sensory issues, three therapy swings, books and supplies for speech therapy, a complete ABA program for the kiddoes with autism, bean bags, and cones. Oh my gosh, there's so much but I can't even think right now. Let me just put it this way. We're taking 16 bags of fully stuffed suitcases and duffles that are jampacked with donations! And that doesn't count the 8 bags that the volunteers we're meeting up in Newark are taking. Wow!

I can promise that I'll take LOADS of pictures. I want you to see your donations in action. Thank you Thank you Thank you!

Also, I can't end this without giving a big shout out to my brother and his youth group in Balzora Springs. They spent all New Year's Eve making blankets for the kids at Sarah's Covenant Homes. And let me tell you, they are beautiful!! Thank you Mark, Beth, Jessica and everyone in the youth group. We love you guys!

Oh, and one more thing. Thank you so much to everyone who commented on my blog post about Noah saying "I Love You". Wow, I didn't know that many people read this blog! And the funny thing is... some of you lurkers... well, I actually lurk on your blogs! Small world, eh. :-)

Okay, this post isn't coming out how I wanted. Probably because subconsciously I know that I need to get off and jump in the shower. I have to leave for the church in 30 minutes!!! Yikes!

Be sure to check my blog while I'm gone. I'll update while I can. Also, my friend Sandwich is going on the trip, too, and she's been blogging about the trip for awhile: http://www.blessingssandwich.blogspot.com/ She's also taking her laptop, so she might be able to update more frequently.

Thanks again! Be back soon!

Leslie :-)

Comments

Bronwyn said…
Hope you have a wonderful trip!
julie said…
Praying for yall this week! Update us as you can :)

julie

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!