Sniff Sniff - Someone Pass A Tissue

Noop-Dogg is gone.

A moment of silence please.

Sniff. I have to pull myself together or I'll never make it through this blog post.

Let's concentrate on the positive. I thought Paula did a fantastic job with the choreography for the disco group number. I swear, not 2 seconds after they finished, my mom called and said,

"Oh my gosh, did you see Anoop? Didn't he look smokin' hot!! That scruff! Those shades! Those clothes!"

Oh, wait, a second.

Those were my words.

My bad.

(Sorry, I just have to take a moment and laugh. I haven't said "my bad" since the Reagan Administration.)

Anyway, my mom did really and truly mention how cute Anoop looked with his sunglasses and disco clothes. Actually, she said she liked the "bad boy" look on him... which made me giggle because never in my 35 years have I heard my mom utter the phrase "bad boy" - not even in a context to describe the serious jerk I dated during my junior and senior year of high school.

But, yep, my 57 year old mother said she was diggin' Anoop's bad boy look tonight during the group number. Isn't that sweet? Actually, I find that really cute and slightly creepy at the same time.

Anoop, if you need serious therapy after all this is over, please don't bill me. I'm broke.

But, sadly, Anoop is going home. I'm not going to concentrate on that, though. I'm going to remember how utterly brilliant he sounded singing tonight and how relaxed he looked. Didn't he look relaxed?

And, I'm going to remember that I am prepared to bribe Ticketmaster officials to get tickets to the AI tour. And, hopefully, we'll get to see him perform when they come to Dallas in July.

We haven't told Noah yet. I'll wait until tomorrow. Right now, he's totally grooving to the fact that we moved Eli into Nandi's room and he's got the whole room to himself. I do have a video of him squealing with delight upon realizing that Eli is g-g-g-gone. It's a funny one.

Anyway, don't want to ruin the mood for Noah on this happy occasion. We'll tell him about Anoop tomorrow.

Anoop, it was a pleasure getting to watch you on our television every Tuesday and Wednesday night. Our little Noah was smitten with you from the moment he first saw you. These last few months have brought about much change and happiness in Noah's life - and, for that, we will alway be grateful. Thank you.

Now. Please put out an album ASAP.

I mean it.

Like, now! Understand? Good. :-)

Comments

Sneha V said…
:(
It makes me doubly upset that Anoop went home this week...both for me and Noah.

But I completely share that sentiment about the album. I will camp out for two months, just to get that album. Psh, who needs college anyways? :p

&& he did look mighty yummy tonight, didn't he? He definetely went out with a bang, in typical Anoop style. He goes to school like literally 30 minutes from mine, so it's exciting to have him home.
I just kinda wish he had gone home on a week that was his own, so he got his own goodbye glory, instead of having to share it. :(

I remember back when I got my own room, it was the most exciting thing ever. So YAY for Noah! :)

((I'm such a bad procrastinator at this hour...I really hope my comments don't appear to be like...stalkerish or creeperish.
:-/))
sarah bess said…
so sorry, Noah (& Leslie, & Grandma).
You're such an in-tune mom. I keep thinking about the math manipulative pillows, dog bones, & dinosaurs. You really know your kids and you make them happy.
Recovering Noah said…
Sneha,

No. You are definitely not stalkerish. But if I were to ever have a stalker, I'd prefer it to be someone nice like you. lol

BTW, I saw your profile pic. GORGEOUS!!! Miss World or what?? Man, Anoop goes to school 30 minutes from you? One look at you and he's going to be a goner. If there's a wedding in the future, I definitely want an invite. ;-)

Okay, does that make me your stalker? lol

Sarah, Grandma won't admit it, but I'm sure she cried in Grandpa's arms tonight. (P.S. She has invited herself along to the AI concert. hehe).
Chantelle said…
Weird. I just wrote a comment and it vanished. Ugh. Well, what I SAID was something brilliant like...

I'm genuinely sorry Anoop left because I really did want him to win for you and Noah. (well, 2nd place after Danny) :) I pray you get tickets!

(Also, ditton on the Sneha/Miss World comment! Sneha... I wish you had a blog! I kindof envision my daughter looking like you when she's grown. Lovely!)
TracyC said…
I'm sorry. I had visions of Anoop winning the whole thing and then inviting Noah to go with him to the White House where Noah would check out all the Presidential pillows. I'm serious. :-(

You'll have an army of people praying you get front row tickets to AI in Dallas. Can I pray for your mother too? She seems a little mixed up...or maybe it's just you. :-D
Leslie said…
I too was so sad to see Anoop go. I really like him and would totally buy his album! And he's just so stinkin adorable...and so genuine.
Mom 4 Kids said…
:-(
We thought of Noah when we saw the show. But way to go on getting the room all to yourself Noah! We have played musical rooms here a few times! :-)
Mike McQuaid said…
Yeah, a disappointing evening but still happy overall for how far he's come! Anoop is EXCITED to hit the tour. While you're waiting for an album from him, create one (or we will for you)from all of his iTunes studio downloads from the show.

Hope Noah handles the news well - maybe his mail in a few days will help...
Gayla said…
You know I was also sad to see Anoop go...but there is so much more to look forward to from him. I'm sure the tour and album will be great and I'm so excited about both!

Yay! Happy for Noah and his new room!

I think the mail he's getting soon will definitely bring a smile to his face. Have your camera ready! =)
Sneha V said…
First of all, I really hope Noah took the news well. I woke up this morning thinking about him. Just through your blog/videos, I can see what an amazing boy he is, and can't/don't want to imagine his disappointment. :(

And then..
HAH!
Me? Ms. World? Not even close!
But thanks for those comments...they made me blush like crazy!
&& don't count much for wedding bells, I think we can all tell he's very much so out of my league. :D

&& trust me, if I started my own blog, there wouldn't be much to tell! The life of a college student gets a little boring. haha. :)
&& it made me smile, with your comments about your daughter. I'm sure she's a wonderful person, just look at who her mom is!
laney said…
I cried when Anoop left too. I'm gonna miss him and will also miss Noah watching anoop video.

Thanks to Anoop I met someone (though through Internet) like Noah. And maybe Noah will see him in person.

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Why I Haven't Been Blogging