Well, it used to be a cross...

It is Easter weekend and, believe it or not, we have yet to do a holiday craft. St. Patrick's Day wore me out and I just haven't felt motivated to break out the pipe cleaners and glue gun.

Until today.

The kids have been begging to dye Easter eggs, so we did that first....

This little gem below is actually what was attached to the side of one of our eggs after we fished it out of the boiling water...




Man, we had a blast with that thing! Who'd of thought that you could kill 20 minutes by pretending to sneeze it out, pick it out, cough it up, or dig it out of your ear. My two kids who are all about boogers and snot had a field day with this tiny piece of egg.


Have I mentioned how classy we are?


Below is a pic of the kids dying Easter eggs. While Noah DID participate, he's not in any of the pictures. Everytime I stepped back to take a picture, he tried to drink the egg dye.


"Baby, don't drink the kool-aid!".



Then we decided to do what every good Baptist family does on Easter weekend... paint crosses and decorate them with buttons and sparkles!


"We put the GOD in gaudy!"


Actually, I don't know of many people who do that, but I saw them at First Monday in Canton and my aunt did one, so I thought it would be a good little craft to do with the kids and I could turn it into a lesson on the true meaning of Easter.


This is the first craft that the kids have ever done by themselves. I'm so proud. I actually resisted the urge to do it for them... okay, okay, Noah did have help.. but the other two did it all on their own.


Take a look!



Painting the crosses





Picking out the buttons and jewels







The finished result?


Noah's Cross


Nice and simple



Eli's Cross


Why yes, that is a dinosaur you see!

Lest you think we are being completely ridiculous with our cross decorating, Eli pointed out that the "star in the middle is Jesus. And the heart is my heart. And see? Jesus lives in my heart!"


Can I have a collective "Awwwww" from everyone, please?


True, it doesn't take away the fact that he glued a pteranodon on his cross, but still...

And finally, I present to you.........


Nandi's Cross


Which confirms my suspicion that she might actually grow up to be a Vegas Showgirl.

Either that or she needs to live at Graceland.


It's a coin toss.


They actually don't look that bad all together. The last one is one that we used hot glue on (we used glue dots on the others. I am in love with glue dots.) The kids picked out the jewels and I hot glued them on.

And there you have it. Easter egg dying. Cross decorating. A little Bible lesson to get the point across.


Happy Easter weekend, ya'll!










Comments

Chantelle said…
Have I mentioned that you're hysterical? Well, you are. And I LOVE these crosses!!! The dinosaur, the pink fluff, it's all fabulous! :)
Lisa said…
Oh, goodness. I am lol'ing at Nandi's "vegas style" cross! How original! Elvis would be oh-so proud! Very nice Easter craft, from one "Gaudy" Baptist to another! LOL
Recovering Noah said…
Whew! I'm so glad no one was offended. I was really worried about that. I get paranoid over those things.

Chantelle, you need to move down south. We love stuff like this. :-)

And, Lisa, glad I'm not the only one who harbors a love for the Vegas style. lol

Okay, I'm coming out of the "gaudy closet". Stay tuned for what I can do with a bedazzler. lol
TracyC said…
I am SO offended! Not! This...is....hysterical. I can honestly say I have never seen crosses like these. Good work gang!
Lisa said…
Those are so cute and funny. Love em.
sarah bess said…
Hilarious!
Thankfully the dinosaurs haven't yet been resurrected. Maybe Eli's holding out hope.
The booger-yoke...
The pink fluffy girly-girl cross...
I'm fighting the urge to sputter and burst into fits of laughter.
Your house must be a very exciting place.
Holly said…
You are a fantastic bunch I tell you what! Thanks for sharing!
Seriously!
Love the Vegas cross the best! ;)
Hugs,
Holly from Purpose Driven Family
sandwichinwi said…
Pteranadon AND a pineapple!

I LOVE Nandi's cross!!!! And Noah did a lovely job!

The egg story (next post) is gross.

Blessings,
Sandwich

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

My 10 Minute Catch-Up Blog Post