I Am No Jenny McCarthy

Now, I imagine from the title that you think this post is going to be about autism. And, honestly, I can't blame you.

After all, Jenny McCarthy is a huge autism advocate.. and it IS National Autism Awareness Month.. and I have YET to blog about it...

And really, Jenny McCarthy and I have a lot in common, don't we?

She's a mom on a mission..... I'm a mom on a mission.

She was told her son has autism..... I was told my son has autism.

She lives with a man who makes her laugh..... I live with a man who makes me laugh.

She has big boobs... I wish I had big boobs.

Honestly, it's beyond me why someone hasn't stopped me on the street yet and asked if I was Jenny McCarthy's long lost twin.

But, nope, this blog has nothing to do with autism...

It has everything to do with this...


>


This is Jenny McCarthy on the recent cover of Shape magazine. Now, I ended my subscription to Shape a few years ago after I realized that I was doing myself no good by reading the magazine in bed while eating a bowl of Ben & Jerry's.

And, of course, the B&J won.

But when I was in Walmart the other day stuck in line behind the sloooooowest cashier this side of Christmas, I had no choice but to let my eyes wonder over to the magazine stand and witness Jenny McCarthy in a red bathing suit on the cover of Shape magazine.

Now, it wasn't just her in all of her perfect ab glory that made me pick up the magazine and buy it. Nope.

It was the headline next to her in all her ab glory that did it...

"I used to weigh 200 pounds".

What? Really? No way!? Are you kidding? You mean there's hope for real women like me???


I mean, she's a mom, an autism advocate, an author, an actress....busier than a beaver... and she still has time to look like that?

Heck, yeah, I wanted in on her secret. So I plunked down my $4.99 and boogied on out of there.

So, you want to know how she managed to get down from 200 to smokin' hot?

YOGA.

Crap.

Can I say crap on this blog? 'Cuz I'm gonna say it again.

Crap.

I hate yoga. HATE IT.

Who can stand still and deep breathe and clear their mind for 60 minutes when there's just so much stuff that needs to be done? Clearing my mind just frustrates me.

But, yep, that's how she did it.

So, anyway, I thought I'd analyze those yoga poses and see if they're really all they're cracked up to be.

Picture #1: The I Need to Go to the Bathroom in a Public Toilet Pose (aka: The Hover & Pee)





This is where I quickly realized that I am no Jenny McCarthy..... because Jenny McCarthy has kneecaps made of steel.

I may very well need surgery after attempting this pose. Try it. I dare you.

How on earth is this even possible? Tippy-toes and her thighs are parallel to the ground. Huh? I think you have to have long legs to do this. I've got, like, a 29" inseam (5'6 and a 29" inseam. Oh let me tell ya, my body shape = hot). When I try to squat like this, my butt is practically touching the floor. I should just sit down. And my knees, oh my knees!

Moving on...

Picture #2: The Please, Please Don't Let Me Wee on Myself Pose

Okay, I don't understand how this is yoga because I have seen my 4 year old do this a million times. In fact, I perfected this pose when I had to stand in an enormous long bathroom line during Lollapallooza '92.

I can actually do this one. Not.A.Problem.

Picture #3: The I Was A Cheerleader in High School - Na Na Na Boo Boo Pose


Yeah, we get it. You were always on top of the pyramid and now you're just showing off for those of us who can no longer fit into our cheerleading skirts and were usually on base.

Actually, you know what this pose really tells me? It confirms my suspicion that Jenny McCarthy is not human. Beauty, Brains, Body, Humor, Talent and she's as flexible as a "14" year old Chinese gymnast? She is not real.

This one-legged, look-at-me pose just lets the world know that Jenny McCarthy, in fact, was birthed by a flamingo.


Picture #4: The It's a Bird! It's a Plane! It's SuperJenny! Pose

I have nothing to say about this one. I can't do it either. My kneecaps are still reeling from Pose #1.

Picture #5: The This is So Obviously Photoshopped Pose



I cannot even begin to tell you how many times I have attempted this pose. It is impossible. How does she get her foot to rest that high on her thigh?

Try it. If you can do this, please let me know. Don't be surprised, though, if you wake up the next morning and find that your house has been egged and TP'ed.

You know what I think? There's three possibilities:

1. She's either got some massive velcro attaching that foot to her thigh

2. 17 people held her in that pose and then quickly ran out of sight when the photographer said, "Cheese!"

or

3. 17 people held her in that pose and then were photoshopped out of the picture in order for it to run in Shape magazine.

My self-esteem votes for #3.

And, finally...

Picture #6: The Kids Are All Asleep, The Day is Over, and I'm Going to Lay on the Floor and Collapse Pose


I actually totally love this pose. I do it all the time. In fact, a rubber ball rolled under the couch this morning and I had to do this exact same yoga move to get it out.

It also comes in handy when you're looking for spare change under the couch or when an M&M rolls under the fridge.

Can't waste those M&M's can we?

So, there we go. Jenny McCarthy used to weigh 200 pounds. She now has a rockin' body with amazing abs. Her kneecaps are like the Bionic Woman's. She might make the 2012 Olympic Gymnastics Team. And her lineage includes "flamingo".

As much as I would love to say I am... unfortunately, I am no Jenny McCarthy.

Now, if short-legged, long-waisted, bad knee-ing, REAL women are your cup of tea, then I'm your gal. :-)

P.S. Please know this is not a diss on JM. I adore her. In fact, she's my girl crush. She is also my autism momma hero. I have read all of her books (including the pregnancy ones - just for laughs. Which then made me thankful that I've never been pregnant). And I think she has done wonders for autism awareness.

But Jenny..... we're on to you. ;-)









Comments

Lisa said…
This was such a funny post. It cracked me up. You pretty much summed up my issues with yoga.
I tried #4. Surprisingly, I can do it.But it hurts. And looks dumb.
Chantelle said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chantelle said…
Well geesh, I tried to fix a spelling error and accidentally deleted my own post! :-[ Ugh. AS I WAS SAYING...

HA!! I am dying laughing over here! I'll tell you atleast one thing you have over Miss J... your freakin' hysterical writing skills!!!

(oh and don't forget, her boobs are plastic)
Chantelle said…
Oh Leslie, I know you love Jenny, but you have to stop covering for her. I feel I should enlighten your readers to the TRUTH about that Shape magazine cover. The truth is... yes, that's Jenny's face on the cover, but that's not her body. It was stolen from a beauty far greater than her own... http://www.starfishdiaries.com/2009/04/real-shot.html
Recovering Noah said…
Chantelle!!! ROFL. That is brilliant!! You are so clever. And funny. Holy cow, you're funny!

Yes, yes, it's true. It really WAS me... I just didn't want to admit it. I'm a bit passive agressive that way.

I'm SO glad the secret is out now. ;-)

And Lisa, I can't believe you can do that pose. Lucky you! You must have 6 foot long legs and thighs that I would envy. Even though I am jealous, I promise not to egg your house.
:-)
Shara said…
You crack me up!! I do love JM as well (for the same reasons you do), but I want to look like that WITHOUT yoga. =)
Lisa said…
Long legs, yes. Enviable thighs...not so much. Trust me.
I'm with Shara. I want to look like that without yoga. Or any sort of physical activity, for that matter.
TracyC said…
Oh shit! (oops) I was all excited at first cause I thought you said she lost 200 lbs eating yogurt. That will teach me to read blogs and talk to the kids at the same time.

Leslie, you are the most hysterical writer on all the web.
Recovering Noah said…
Shara and Lisa.. yes! Just say no to yoga! Say yes to yogurt! (Tracy, that was hysterical. You are one quick-witted woman.)

Can we get T-shirts printed up with that? ;-)
sarah bess said…
SQUEALING like a stuck pig with laughter over this post.
Linze Kate said…
I mailed this post to friends - that is how good it was. So funny!

You should be a comedian. Serious. The end.
*muah*
Jeni said…
You are the funniest. I absolutely laugh my head off reading your posts...this one made my face hurt. Thank you for making me laugh!

Jeni (holt boards)
Claire said…
oh my goodness i think i need to do the please let me not wee on myself pose as i read this. cracked me up. i've just read jennys book about her son, and wow. needed tissues. a friend of mine has a son who is just been diagnosed with austism so i thought i should read it. i also read christines welcome to my brain blog, which is how i found you. i think she deserves a super mum award. i think you do too. i reckon you must bring hope and smiles to women going thru stuff like you are. i bet you shine a light so bright that they know they can make it through the day. one day at a time.

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!