The Smell That Invaded Our Room

We've had the most horrific smell in our house. It was disgusting - like a mixture between rotten fish, bad diaper, and the possibility that a rat had somehow died in our wall.

It was gross.

What's worse is that it was in our bedroom. Now, I'm a sensitive creative. My nose is very delicate and every time I entered our room a wave of nausea would just take over me.

I spent days on my hands and knees sniffing the floor. Did a pull-up accidentally get kicked under the bed? Did we leave the dog in the house for too long? Did Noah spit out his cod live oil in the corner?

It was driving me crazy.

Finally, the smell start wafting into the living room - which backs up to our bedroom.

So I got on my hands and knees and start sniffing again. (Perhaps I was a bloodhound in a former life?)

Anyway, I about passed out when I got to the floor between the T.V. cabinet and a shelf that had some toys on it. I was positive that our dog had somehow squeezed between the two inch space and peed.

Obviously, the smell was making me hallucinate.

I moved the shelves and started cleaning.

The smell remained.

I was positive that a squirrel has gotten underneath our floor boards and died.

It didn't matter to me that we have a slab foundation and there's no way a squirrel could get under our floorboards. I just knew that something had died in there.

Finally, I looked under the T.V. cabinet, but couldn't see anything.

But I decided to move it anyway.

And do you know what I found???

Eli's Treasure.

He had taken a hard boiled egg (that he dyed a week ago) , peeled it, placed it inside a plastic egg, then slid it under the T.V. cabinet in hopes that it would hatch a baby chick.

That's right. He incubated his hard boiled egg. Under my T.V. cabinet. In my bedroom.

The little devil.

It was the most disgusting thing I'd ever seen. The egg had burst open and let me tell you... it certainly was hatching things... but, to Eli's great disappointment... NOT a baby chick.

Boys, boys, boys (shaking head in wonder). What on earth do you do?

Comments

Shara said…
That's great! When Austin was little he hid a dead bird under our couch because he wanted to keep it. It's funny how those boys' minds work.
Hannah said…
EwwwwWWWwww.

I am so sensitive to smells. That would drive me INSANE!

I think you need to get that boy a chick? :)

Blessings!

Hannah
Anonymous said…
My Mom has a story about my brothers Easter Basket that was put away for the next Easter with a hard boiled egg still hidden under the grass. How funny!
Melissa
Chantelle said…
Eww! I'm still chuckling about how convinced you were that something had died under the floor boards even though you're on a slab. :) HA!
Anonymous said…
Leslie:
I know that had to be a gross thing to find but I had a good laugh over it.A boy thing to do indeed! Reminds me of when my sister and I were just kids and she found an old egg in the hen house.She said "I'll pop it then you pop it.Well,she threw it on the sidewalk and it cracked like a firecracker and inside it was a dead baby chick....So gross! So at least you didn't find that.Hey,have you ever thought of incubating some hen or duck eggs.I've done it with daycare kids before and they love it and covers so many areas--math,science,writing,You could then donate the chicks to a local farmer...BTW--I loved your Easter crafts.The kids did a great job!
Leveta
Amy said…
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL Too perfect Eli! LOVE IT! Amy
Anonymous said…
Very Nice Blog..i loved it..very much
If you have a plan to buy TV stand then please visit casamodern.com where you will find nicely designed TV stands..
Linze Kate said…
That is hilarious! Haha...
*muah*

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

My 10 Minute Catch-Up Blog Post