He's Baaaaaaack!

For your viewing pleasure, I am giving you a brand-new Noah Watching Anoop video. :-)



It's in a different location this time. We were relegated to the bedroom because the younger two waited all day to watch Charlie Brown Easter and it came on at the same time.

Seriously, don't these T.V. executives have any consideration? Sheesh.

Anyway, don't look too close because, yes, you will see dirt, dust, and I think there's a quick glimpse of a shelf full of children's toys. In our bedroom. Soooooo romantic.

Ty Pennington, we need a makeover, please!!

I have to say, I think Noah really likes it when Anoop sings ballads. If you look back at his videos, he seems more connected to "Angel of Mine", "Always on My Mind", and tonight's song.

And I'm not sure if you can tell in the video, but although he is watching, he's actually listening. He's a very auditory little boy and you can see that he's really listening to Anoop sing. The autistic mind... pretty amazing, I think.

Okay, one quick thing. The UNC Clef Hangers sent Noah two of their CD's. The kids love the track where the group covers Justin Timberlake's "My Love." (Anoop has one of the leads - and Noah loves all the Anoop songs.) Anyway, the kids have never heard the original JT version.

Don't you like how I wrote JT... like I'm all hip and cool and up with all that's down with R&B?

Did that sentence even make any sense? Or did it just make me sound really old?

'Cause I actually feel a bit embarrassed now.

Anyway, the original Justin Timberlake song came on the radio this morning and I look in the rear view mirror and Noah has this frown on his face. He's so funny. He has the best expressions. I mean, he was totally not digging it. His eyebrows were furrowed together. His head was cocked to one side. His mouth was a perfectly shaped "O".

Finally, Eli piped up and said, "What happened to Anoop's voice?"

I said, "That's Justin Timberlake singing it. It's his song."

At that moment, I look back and Noah literally sighed a sigh of relief, collapsed against the back of his car seat and started giggling. Like, "Thank Goodness! I was wondering what happened to Anoop's voice."

And then Eli said, "Well, I don't think he's a very good singer. It's a good thing the Clef Hangers did it so it sounds good."

Isn't that hysterical?

If any of you are friends with The Clef Hangers, you can pass that on. JT sucks. The Clef Hangers rock. Straight from the mouth of babes.

Comments

Nikki said…
AWW, I love that story!! Trying to watch the video but my internet is sooooo sllooowwwww tonight that it hasn't loaded yet!
Anonymous said…
awwwwwwwwww so cute. its funny how he pushes away from the tv when anoop is done singing!
Shara said…
Talk about feeling old, I was six when the oldest performer (Danny)was born. Good grief!

So glad Noah enjoyed the performace tonight. I did too. =)
Lisa said…
Love it! He has to be his biggest fan! Your room doesn't look bad, either! We have the EXACT same block sorter that is right beside your television, to the right. My friends passed it on down to us from her now 5 year old daughter. That is neat. I like it much better than the one available now, because it has a handle and all the focus is on how it is a bucket, not an actual shape sorter. Anywhoo.. great post!
TracyC said…
That was beautiful--seeing Noah interacting with his dad, watching the show. Awesome stuff. I'm also amazed at how strong Sim is cause that's a long time to hold a heavy kid. :-D And finally, that's not a messy room--2/3 of the toys scattered in our bedroom are mine--stuffies everywhere. Poor Jeff.
Unknown said…
What a sweet video and story Leslie - I've sent them on to Steve McQuaid, President of the UNC Clef Hangers, and to Anoop's parents. I'll send it to Anoop soon, but after today's results show. I've been keeping him updated on Noah, so cross your fingers for a Dallas AI Tour stop.

All the best to Noah and your family-

clefhangerfan (you know who I am!)

By the way, Eli and I agree completely!
Jane said…
I was so taken with how engaged dear Noah was with this preformance. He is so precious! (Loved the photos from your Heritage Museum visit!!)
Have a lovely easter!
Cheers

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!