Meeting a Brain

Hey, guess what? I got to meet a fellow blogger yesterday. Christine! From Welcome to My Brain! I've never actually met up with someone that I only knew from online before. But I've been reading her blog for awhile and was fairly safe and certain that she wasn't some crazy, psycho chick. And if she was -well, that made me one, too because we're actually a lot alike.

Plus, I had the good fortune of finding out early on that she and my sister-in-law were suitemates one year in college... so she truly was, in fact, a thirtysomething female with five kids and a degree from Howard Payne - and not some weird man who was posing as a thirtysomething mother of five in order to lure me into some horrid trap.

Clearly, I've watched too many Lifetime movies in my, um, lifetime.

Anway, we met up yesterday and had a BLAST! The kids loved it. Of course, they were strangely on their best behavior - which means we have to meet up again sometime so they can all see the wild and uninhibited creatures that they really are. But, seriously, they LOVED her kids and Eli keeps begging to go back over there.

Man, what a beautiful family! And smart, too. I'm definitely signing up her kids as my Phone a Friend Lifeline if I ever appear on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire. Oh, and Christine? FANTASTIC person. And an amazing mother. I practically begged her for parenting advice and then sat at her feet like an eager little puppy soaking it all in.

All in all, it was a wonderful day. So thank you Moers bunch for a great time. And big thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Deadman for letting us all come over and trash your living room. Oh, and for putting up with Noah's relentless efforts to steal your rootbeer.

It was fun!



Comments

C said…
Ya' know what? We didn't talk about Rick Springfield ONCE.

I really let you down. Sorry.
Leslie said…
Oooooh, So jealous. I'd love to meet Christine.

I'm such a blog stalker...not sure I've ever really commented on your blog or hers, but I'm addicted to you both!
Anonymous said…
That's very cool! It's obviously been a while since I've seen you in person because your hair is getting long!!

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!