Christian the Hugging Lion

I'm sure most of you have seen this by now. It's had over 7 million hits on Youtube and been on loads of chat shows, but it's still worth another look - even if you've watched it a gajillion times.

It's a video of a lion who is reunited with his previous owners after they go to Africa in search of him. They'd been told not to expect much because Christian, the lion, was now a wild animal. Trust me, you have to watch this!



It's set to Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You". After we had watched the video over and over again (Eli and Nandi LOVED it), I heard a tiny voice singing

"Liiiiiiiiiii-oooooooooooooooooons will always love you!"

And I turned around and found Eli dressed in a lion costume on all fours. He came running over to me and jumped in my arms. Too cute. All day yesterday he kept singing "Lions Will Always Love You." He honestly thought that's how the song went.

Alright. Headed to Austin in about 30 minutes for Noah's therapy session at HALO. He's doing SO good. We're starting him back on the basics (at home) and we're reintroducing everything with Sing, Spell, Read & Write. I love that curriculum! Even though he's progressed past it, I want to make sure we've covered all our basic and be certain that he's got a solid understanding of the alphabet and phonics before we move on. This coming semester he'll do English, Math, Geography, Elementary Astronomy, and Bible. Which means I'll be learning those subjects, too. Yikes! Remind me again why I'm doing this? :-)

Comments

Nikki said…
Okay... that made me cry.. A LOT!
I wanted to post a comment...I have been around before and I have to say I LOVE reading about your family. Very special family... Thanks for sharing the video. I never got to see it.

You are welcomed over at my place anytime...I hope you dont mind me posting and coming over to your place.
hello fellow mom living with autism
i bookmarked your blog last year and finally got a chance to read again off and on. I just started at HALO over the summer. Love it and the commute from Sugar Land is going to challenge us this fall. I know Angel from church and we share the same organize craze lately. Good luck to you and Noah. Bethany will turn 10 yrs dec and we have been blessed with the chance that I know others are not.
Susarah
Nikki said…
Aww, thanks Leslie :) I know I will see her next summer... but it is still so hard!!

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!