We're Back Home

We made it back home yesterday. I have some blog posts to out up later. I'm just going to copy Sandwich's posts that she blogged about the last few days of the trip. I was too tired emotionally to blog about meeting Naveen and court, so she blogged it.

Naveen is a dream. He's fantastic! I blogged a little about him while we were waiting in the airport in Mumbai, but I wasn't able to get wifi access until we got home, so nothing's published yet. I find it very hard to talk about him without crying.... I'm a sensitive fool on my best day, so you can only imagine how I'm doing right now. I'm terribly jet lagged. The flight back home was brutal. 15 and a half hours from Dubai to Dallas, plus we sat on the tarmac for 2 1/2 hours waiting for take-off. That doesn't even include the flight from Mumbai to Dubai. And it turns out my stomach wasn't prepared for American food once I got home because I've been pretty sick this morning. All in all, I'm feeling physically and emotionally sick, so even thinking about Naveen and the next two months makes me want to just crawl into bed and pull the covers over my head. I miss him so much.

But it was good to get back to the kids. I swear they've each grown a foot in the last week! And I've got plenty to do until the end of April. I'm anxious to get Noah back on his therapy routine ( although I'm not sure he's looking forward to it! Haha) and I'm just going to keep myself busy. The two months will get here eventually and I need to really focus on the kids and enjoy our last few months together as a family of five. I'm also hoping to brush up on my Marathi and learn some basic Indian cooking. Right now, my Indian cooking abilities fall under two categories: frozen meals and those that come out of a can. Or a pouch. I'm determined to master basic Dahl and jeera aloo before Naveen comes home. He also loves Gulab Jaman, but I've tried to make that before and it was hopeless. Gulab Jaman from a can, heated up in the microwave, will have to do.

Okay, all this food talk is making me queasy. I have to stop.

Will try to copy Sandwich's posts later today.

PS, thank you for all the comments while I was gone. I don't know how to reply to comments on the iPad ( I should spend these next two months learning how to master the iPad!), and I also don't know how to go back and edit posts, so I wasn't able to correct my many history mistakes. Or spelling mistakes. BTW, the food I loved isn't Puran Puri, it's Puran Poli. I think that's how it's spelled.

Ugh. Food. Queasy. Must stop now.

Leslie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!