Travel Highlights - Air Emirates

Greetings from Dubai! I thought about being really clever and saying hello in Arabic, but since I don't know any Arabic, I had to resort to "greetings". Whoops, never mind. It turns out that my travel buddies, Sandwich and her daughter, Daisy, know the answer... those home schoolers, they know everything. Salaam from Dubai!!! We're here for a four hour layover and then it's on to Mumbai. After a fourteen hour flight it feels good to stretch our legs, drink a $10 cup of coffee and contemplate whether or not to buy a hookah pipe on our return flight. Although I also have my eye on a magic genie lamp in the airport gift shop. If I get three wishes, one of them will be that our 16 hour return flight to Dallas be magically transformed into a 2 hour one. I think it might take days for the swelling in my knees to go down. Speaking of the flight, let me just say that Air Emirates rocks! Oh my gosh, please do me a favor and book a flight to India just so you can try out this airlines. Their inflight entertainment is AMAZING. Omigosh, we had over 1200 movies and tv shows to choose from. And don't get me started on the music they had available. I got to listen to complete albums of artists I haven't listened to in ages... Pulp, Queen, David Bowie. Y'all they even had Miranda Lambert's newest cd on there. East Texas shout out! I also got to watch movies.... complete movies that I never got to see in the theatre because the only movies we ever go and see anymore are rated G or have the words Disney, Pixar, or Chipmunks in the title. And I watched two Bollywood films. One was called Mere something something something... I think the English name was My Brother's Bride, and I loved it. The second was called Bodyguard and it was, I think, the highest grossing film in India last year, but I just didn't like it. Too much preening and muscle flexing. I'm just not a big Salman Khan fan. You know, I think I just got put on a couple of hit lists for that little fact. Anyway, the flight was great. The food was awesome. Salmon, pizza, chocolate (if you pay 1500 dollars on a flight, there'd better be chocolate!), hash browns, eggs. Man, it's a shame when a woman has to commit to an overseas adoption just so she can have a nice place of salmon and watch a rated R movie. Regarding Dubai, I'm only getting to see the airport, but it seems pretty nice. My SIL lived here for years and I regret not coming to visit. I think it'd be so cool to visit that indoor snow skiing place in the middle of the desert. Okay, I only have a few more minutes before my fingers fall off. I did buy one of those Bluetooth keyboards to make typing easier, but the battery only lasted about 5 minutes, so I'm having to overcome my fear of typing on a touch pad. Anyway, I'm amazed at how tacky some of the women tourists are dressed. I've already spotted four girls with tank tops and no bras, two women with leggings and short t-shirts ( it's so classy when everyone behind you can tell you're wearing a thong, dontcha think, and one woman with a half shirt and low slung sweats with "juicy" written on the butt. Thanks for giving all us Western women a bad name, ladies. I think it's really important to always be respectful of local customs. Okay, that's my little rant for the day. Will hopefully write more from Mumbai. Adios! Or whatever. ;)

Comments

Sarah said…
Lily and I flew through Dubai when we went to India, as well. It is a looooong flight, isn't it?! But I'm glad that it was as enjoyable as it could be. Can't wait to hear more about your trip!
Donna said…
Love it when you post. You need to be a writer...Mom
Anonymous said…
We blew thru Debai when we went there on Emirates and I believe it was 13 hours in, and loads of kit kats, dr pepper, and delicious goodies and tv watching that I pledged my alliegance to Emirates. Always and forever more they will be my airline of choice.

www.manyheartsonefamily.wordpress.com

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

My 10 Minute Catch-Up Blog Post