More Tips

More tips

1. Canvas or reusable shopping bag to hold your loot. Makes you look like less of a tourist and you can stuff your water bottle in it, too.  Nobody really bothers you if you're empty handed, but as soon as you step out of a shop with a couple of plastic bags under your arm, people know you've got money and you're willing to spend it. 

2. This one is kind of petty, but you might want to bring a  reusable  water bottle. You can buy  water and fill up your own bottle in your hotel room. It's smaller to stuff in your bag and makes you look less like a tourist. Of course, that sort of thing might not bother you bc, after all, you are a tourist, but tourists can be easy targets.

3. If it's your time of the month, bring all your stuff with you. You can't rely on being able to get the same kind here.

4. Bring a prescription antibiotic with you just in case. You never know when you might get a case of the runs or an insect bite that gets infected. See below. 

5. Bring triple antibiotic cream with you just in case. You never know when a spider's gonna bite your butt  on your first night there and cause an infection. 

6. Ear plugs if you're a light sleeper.

7. Some sort of electronic device with email/Internet capabilities. I nearly didn't bring our iPad bc I thought I could rely on Internet cafes,  but I'm so glad I brought it. It certainly  comes in handy in keeping up with family and passing the time if you can't fall asleep (I'm writing this at 12:30am) or wake up at 4 in the morning and nothing's open until 8 or 9.

8. A cheap watch. I don't wear a watch and rely on my phone to tell me the time, but I didn't bring it with me. I borrowed Nandi's watch instead. I'm so glad I did bc it's come in handy several times.

9. Don't forget Rubberbands for your hair. Even if you wear your hair down at home, there will be times when you just want to get it off your neck.

10. Okay, I can't believe I'm writing this last one and I'm just gonna go ahead and say it before I change my mind...

If you've never been to India before - or even if you have but you don't eat Indian food for every meal, then one of three things will happen. You'll either get diarrhea, you'll end up constipated, or you'll be just fine. And if that's the case then I really don't want to hear it. Oh,  and by the way, can your colon call my colon and tell it how to properly behave? Thanks!

Therefore, I think it'd be a really good idea to being a small tube of hemorrhoid cream with you. Because if you get a touch of the ol' Delhi Belly then you'll need something a bit smoothing.  And if you get constipated and it takes five days to go, then I guarantee you'll need something a bit smoothing. So spending 3 bucks on a tube of hemorrhoid cream is something to think about. And if you don't end up needing it, then you can always use it to get rid of the puffy bags under your eyes.

Or so I've been told.

Okay, that's all for now. I still need to blog the adventures from today, ( we had a FANTASTIC day), but I'll save it for later. I'm going to attempt to get some sleep.

Comments

heather said…
more good ones - I wouldn't have thought to bring my ipad (theft paranoia) but now I'm rethinking it...
Seraphinalina said…
My youngest brother had a sunburn that blistered on his ears when away for a Scouting trip. The hospital that they set up at the camp site gave him hemmroid cream to reduce the swelling on the blisters. Multi-purpose stuff. ;)
J said…
Hope you get this. DD & I didn't get sick at all in India. We ate lemon drops & drank raw lemons. Should have told you this before you went. We took those lemon shaped plastic containers of lemon. It's really good for digestion etc. Jan

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!