Made it to Pune!

I'm still trying to figure out how to blog on the iPad. I'm sure it's something that my 7 year old could handle, but I just can't wrap my head around it. Anyway, we made it to Naveen's town, and we're having a pretty low-key night. Sandwich and her daughter are in the room sleeping and I'm in the lobby waiting on chai. I know that if I take a nap now then I'll be up all night long, so I'm holding out as long as I can. Maybe the Chai will perk me up.

Earlier while they were asleep, I ventured out on my own.

Who is this brave girl that's taken over my body?

Have you ever tried crossing the street in India? It's a bit like playing frogger... You get across as fast as you can and just pray you don't get squashed.

Or you just attach yourself to someone who's about to cross and do what they do. And sometimes, they'll be really sweet and go all boy scout/girl scout on you and hold your hand.

I guess I'm officially an old lady that needs help crossing the street.

I think I was quite the spectacle attempting to cross 3 major intersections, and while I don't speak Marathi, I'm pretty sure people were yelling out bets on how long it'd take before I a) chickened out, sat on the side walk and cried, b) froze in the middle of the street, got hit and cried, or c) got scared, peed myself, and then cried.

But I made it. I went into a shopping center, tried on some Indian clothes and then realized that in India, I'm considered morbidly obese (one salesgirl looked me up and down and told me they didn't carry things in my size).

I think I'll go console myself with some Panner Muttar masala...

And that concludes today. Just biding time until I get to meet Naveen tomorrow. Less than 24 hours!!

PS. The name of our hotel in Mumbai was Traveller's Inn. If you're budget conscious, I highly recommend it!

PPS. My post about Mumbai ( I just posted it) was actually just cut and pasted from Sandwich's blog. Her blog is private, but she let me post it. Pretty much covers yesterday for us!

Comments

Sarah said…
Oh, so excited for you!!!!
Beth Anne said…
Yay, so glad you made it! I loved your tale of crossing the street, that is so funny and true! I remember being really confused when Indian women I was with would hold my hand walking out in public, but I think it's pretty normal there. It does come across as rather sweet, like they're taking you under their wing. Also, there is no way you're big, even in India! I saw plenty of "big-boned" women in India, and you're not big-boned at all!
Anyways, super excited for you to meet Naveen and keep blogging :)
No Greater Love said…
AHHHHHHHHHH.......stalking you for an update......stalk....stalk....stalk.....can you feel me, clicking on your FB page....clicking on your blog....stalk....stalk....stalk....

Love you.............
Your blog is really valuable. By Variable Data Printing

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!