On the 6th Day of Giving...


First of all - before I get to the 6th Day of Giving - I have to address the white elephant that is in the room.... otherwise known as that sad, sad scrapbook page looming just above.

I could blame it all on the kids and say they did it, but really it's nothing more than a thirtysomething mother forgetting how much fun it is to mix glitter with glue. That huge silvery, shiny blob thing is meant to read "DAY 6" and the little white thingies floating around are supposed to be whimsical little snowflakes.

It all looked so pretty and perfect in my head.

Sadly, it seems that the decorating techniques employed in Miss Shoemaker's Kindergarten Class of 1978 - 79 don't really hold up in modern times.

Unless you're 5. Then you can get away with it.

But I'm not.

However, this would've been hot stuff 30 years ago.

If you can tear yourself away from the glitterama, you'll see that two of my little cherubs are holding baskets brimmed with lots of goodies. Those are the Teacher Gifts we're giving this year.

The baskets were a dollar from Dollar Tree and the stuff inside... well, it was free!

What? You don't shop at CVS with Extra-Care Bucks?? Shame on you! You're wasting money.

Actually, I've slacked off on my CVS'ing this year, so my wonderful friend, Tristan, let me shop in her CVS closet. She got all these things for free with her Extra Bucks. Thank you, Tristan!

Here's what we put in the baskets:


Soaftsoap Body Butter Coconut Scrub

Cinnamint Listerine

Schick Quattro for Women Razor

Garnier Fructis Humidty Hairspray

Herbal Essence Color Me Happy Shampoo & Conditioner

Crest Pro-Health Toothpaste

Olay Daily Facials Cleansing Cloths

Secret Deodorant with Olay

Reach Dental Floss

Neutrogena Mascara

Covergirl Outlook Double Lipshine

Sally Hansen Clear Nail Polish

Then we wrapped it up in one of those clear basket sacks from Dollar Tree and tied a pretty ribbon and bow around it and attached a little poem that read:

Dear Mrs. XXXXX,

My mom is a couponer
through and through

That's why I have
this gift for you

I hope you don't mind
that it was nearly free

Because it was chosen with love

For you - from me!

At first, I was nervous about putting that they were nearly free, but I had read an online teacher site that said teachers feel bad when kids spend a lot of money on their gifts, so I thought it'd be okay.

We did this for Nandi's teacher last year and she has the same one this year.... and she "hinted" last week how much she loved last year's gift. LOL. And Eli's teacher... oh my, she LOVED it! She kept saying, "Oooh! I've always wanted to try this! Ohh! We use that! Ooooh! I LOVE it!", so I think it was a hit. :-)

And... drum roll.... Eli was actually enthusiastic about today's Day of Giving... mainly because it put him in the spotlight, but I don't care. I'm just glad he got involved.

Happy 6th Day of Giving!!


Comments

sandwichinwi said…
Now that you pointed it out, I totally see that it says Day 6 in glitter....

I think you're doing a great job! It's not your artistic skill that matters, it's the thought behind the activities that you are passing on to the kids!

I love this!

Blessings,
sandwich
Sneha V said…
Aww, it's okay, glitter distracts the best of us! :)
Yay for almost free gifts, and yay for Eli getting involved! :)

<3 Sneha V

PS Thanks for the pic comments!
& you're totes right about facebook comment. LOLing about it though :P

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!