Crockpot Chicken Tikka Masala

You know, I don't think I have ever posted a recipe on here before. It's not really my thing.

Plus, I don't want anyone coming back saying they wasted a bunch of money on a food dish that ended up tasting like cardboard.

Insecurities, you know.

However, that has all changed. I am giving you a link to the BEST chicken tikka masala I've ever tasted... and it's done in a crockpot.

What is that I hear? A chorus of angels singing, "Hallelujah"?

If you love Indian food and don't mind gaining 5lbs in one sitting then you HAVE to try this. Admittedly, it's a bit of a pain because you have to marinate it overnight, then bake it for 30 minutes before you throw it in the crockpot, but it is sooooo worth it. Serve it over a little basmati or jasmine rice and I guarantee you'll be thinking you're eating a dish that was prepared in a kitchen in the middle of South India.

Unless, of course, you're Indian or British (CTM is hugely popular in the UK).... and then you might just start laughing.

HERE is the recipe. Thanks for the link, Peggy!

Oooh, oooh! I almost forgot. It calls for 3 lbs of chicken. We only used a pound of chicken and kept the other ingredients the same. Do that if you like your CTM with a lot of sauce. If you use the 3lbs then I'd recommend doubling the other ingredients.

And get this... it tastes EVEN BETTER the next day. Seriously, does it get any better than that??

Comments

sandwichinwi said…
Mmmmm! You had me at CROCKPOT!

Can't wait to try this. Easier is my favorite word.

Thanks for sharing!

Blessings,
Sandwich
Anonymous said…
Ok, well I have never had Tikka Masala, so it is difficult for me to say, but I doooo love food, and I have never NOT loved anything I've cooked by the Pioneer Woman.. so now I think you have to try Pastor Ryan's Tikka Masala (he guest blogs there) and let us know which is better. And if you do, THEN I will try it.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/category/contributors/

Love you,
Corey
I'm so happy to see you're all enjoying the Chicken Tikka Masala. :-)
I've read your story and I think you are an amazing mother--if I can EVER do anything to hook you up or simplify ANYTHING in your life, please whistle. It would be my pleasure. Much admiration,
Rob XX rh342434@sbcglobal.net

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!