Nandi's Finalization Pics

Here are a few pictures from the adoption finalization that I posted about a few days ago. Isn't Nandi cute??








And would you like to know why I'm wearing glasses? Remember, last month.. how I completely dedicated a week of my life to watching Michael Phelps win all his golds? Well, during that time, in my sleep-deprived stupor, I gathered a load of dirty clothes off the bathroom counter and inadvertently scooped up my contact lens case with them. And since I'm a lazy cow and can't take the 2 seconds necessary to actually tighten the lid on the lens case each night, the lenses feel out in the wash.

That's right. My lenses went through the wash - spin cycle and all. Probably the cleanest they've ever been.

R.I.P. you beloved disposable contacts. I know I was only meant to wear you for two weeks, but you saw me through 2 1/2 fantastic months.

It's okay. My eye doctor doesn't read this blog.

Anyway, my prescription ran out and so I had to get my eyes checked to get new lenses - and I simply wasn't organized enough to get all that done before Nandi's finalization. Even though I had a month.

Besides there are more important things to notice - like the fact that Nandi wore her hairbow through the entire ceremony. Granted, it was only 5 minutes and she yanked it out immediately after - but she was blissfully coiffed and coordinated for the pictures.

Seriously, though, the most important thing of all is that that's the day we officially became a family. So in the immortal words of Sister Sledge... "We are family. Get up everybody and sing!"

So get on up and do the funky dance. Celebrate the fact that we have a daughter. Our daughter has a family. And our sons have a baby sister. Life is good.

And I don't need my contacts to see that.



Comments

C said…
YEA!!!!!!

Oh ... and we qualify for Medicaid! Will keep you updated on SSI.

Doing the "God rocks the Casbah" happy dance!!
sandwichinwi said…
Congrats on becoming a family, officially. The pics are great!

And because I'm shallow, where did you buy that beautiful dress??

Blessings,
Sandwich
Anonymous said…
Leslie:
Such a beautiful family! Nandini is so cute and I agree.The dress is beautiful! I love it.Where did you get it? I think you look just as beautiful in glasses as you do in contacts! Congrats on the finalization of beautiful Miss Nandini!
Leveta
Recovering Noah said…
Congrats, Christine on the SSI!!!

Thanks Sandwich and Leveta. We bought the dress at the BabyGap Outlet. It was on clearance for $6.99. We bought it a few months ago, so they should still have some left. :-)

Leslie
Paddy said…
Congratulations on the finalization. What a great family picture - wishing you many many happy memories as a family.

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!