Wuv, Twue Wuv......

If you don't understand the title of of this post, then I feel like a fool. Go run to the nearest Blockbuster ASAP and rent The Princess Bride - because you're missing out on an important piece of pop culture.

Actually, Sim and I are sitting here at 9:00 in this Sunday morning, drinking our coffee, and watching The Princess Bride in honor of our 12th wedding anniversary.

Obviously, the tie that binds us together is the fact that we are both huge dorks.

12 years. Can you believe it!! I'm sure almost all you thought it would never last. And it so easily could've just been a fleeting college romance. I mean, we met while I was doing a semester exchange in England. But it turned into Wuv, twue wuv and I ended up staying in Sheffield and then Sim moved to Texas and the rest is marriage history.

TWELVE YEARS!!!

That's, like, 84 in dog years.

That, my friend, is a looooooooooong time.

But what other way to go through life with your twue wuv, huh? I wouldn't want it any other way.

Sorry I don't have any pictures to post. Fortunately -er, I mean, unfortunately - our scanner is broke so you can't see our absolutely horrible wedding pictures. Our wedding was a bit of a mismatch. I won't even go into the fact that our unity candle was sitting underneath an air vent and melted all over my wedding dress - so most of our pictures are of me, Sim, and the flower girl ( who is standing in front of me to hide the stain). Or that the ring wouldn't go on. Or that the preacher took out the word "obey", like I specifically asked - but then put in a whole speech about me getting up in the morning and fixing my husband breakfast. Or that I got ticked off and stood there fuming at him - the preacher, not Sim - during the ceremony. Or that the ring wouldn't go on. Or that our video looks like it was taken by someone who was riding a roller coaster at Six Flags, when actually it was taken by my Grandad who cried through the whole thing, thus making the camera shake with every breath. Or that my hair was done at a place called Hillbilly Bob's - and looked like it. Or that the bridesmaids stood around me and sang "Son of Preacher Man" at the reception.... which insulted my father-in-law, who stood up and shouted, "I'm A VICAR!!!!"

It was something else.

It shouldn't have lasted.

I'm sure people placed bets.

Sorry you all lost. Nana Nana Boo Boo!!

This one's a keeper!!

12's years, Baby! Here's to 12 more! And 12 more after that. And 12 more after that!

So, in lieu of pictures, I'm leaving you with a clip of Wuv, twue wuv...... and also a bit from the BEST wedding ever.. Alice and Hugo's from The Vicar of Dibley. YouTube only had a part of it... but it'll still crack you up.



Comments

Unknown said…
hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

how are you

i hope you enjoy every minute of your beautiful life.

you are fantastic!!!

a kiss for you, my dear friend!

god bless u dear

can we exchange our link

r u ready to do?

bye
take care
god bless you dear
Lisa H. said…
Leslie:

Seriously, you need to make your life a reality show...I'd be addicted! Just like your blog is "not to be missed". The thought of your FIL standing up shouting "I'm a vicar!" while your bridesmaids serenaded you and your hair with "Son of a Preacher Man" made me laugh out loud!

Congratulations on twelve exciting (I'm SURE!) years of "MA-WIDGE"!

Lisa H.
Dreama said…
Too FUNNY!!!
sandwichinwi said…
Your wedding sounds funnier than the You Tube one. Although that headpiece killed me! Even before it lit up!

I'm so glad you've found Wuv, Twue Wuv!

Wuv that movie!

Blessings,
Sandwich
Amy said…
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! You guys are just awesome! Amy

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Why I Haven't Been Blogging