Noah Has Such an Attitude!

Noah's really making me laugh today.  His spelling is still sporadic, but when he's "on" he is on!


We were sitting at the table and Nandi & Eli were spouting off math facts and getting them all wrong.


"7 + 3 IS nine!!'


"No it's not, it's 8!!!"


This went on for about 5 minutes and Noah got increasingly upset. Finally, he started rocking back and forth and shrieking while banging his head.


I asked him, "Noah, are you mad that they're messing up all the math facts?" (If you'll recall, Noah's favorite thing for me to do is to sing the multiplication tables.)


And he spelled out Y-E-S.


"Why"


"B-E-C-A-U-S-E  I  N-O  E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G!"


I didn't point out that he obviously doesn't know how to spell "know".  We'll work on that one later. =)


We also started on Noah's diet again today. The past month was just awful. My hat is off to any parent who works full-time. I don't know how you do it!! I spent the last month working on the auction and our diet went by the wayside. I just can't seem to focus on more than one thing at a time. Anyway, today it's back to sweet potatoes and kale!


Well, Noah doesn't seem to be too happy about that. Sim made him a really tasty lunch with beef and sweet potatoes and zucchini, but Noah refused to do touch it.


I said "Noah, do you like what Daddy made you?"


N-O


"What do you think of it?"


I-T-S  N-O-T  M-Y  T-O-P  C-H-O-I-C-E.


That cracked me up. It sounded so much like Simeon. It'll be really interesting to see if Noah picks up on some of Sim's phrasing and the British slang he uses.


Finally,  Noah was tugging on me a lot while I was at the stove. I was trying to multi-task and cook, talk to my mom on the phone, and figure out what video Noah wanted to watch all at the same time. But Noah kept coming up to me and tugging on me. I ended up burning the pumpkin "pancakes" (they're just pumpkin and egg and VERY difficult to make, I think. They don't hold well).  Well, I got aggravated at Noah and he stormed off.  When I asked him what was on his mind, he spelled out...


"S-O-R-R-Y  F-O-R  N-E-E-D-I-N-G  Y-O-U-R  T-I-M-E  M-O-M!"


What a stinker!  It was like a knife to the heart... which he knew. But he spelled it with such attitude. He reminds me of me at that age. Scary thought! Have a I ever blogged about my third grade teacher who told my parents that I would end up in juvy hall by the time I was a teenager?  I was a pistol in elementary school. But I turned out okay.


I think.


And I'm pretty sure Noah's going to turn out just fine, as well.



Comments

Anna said…
oh how I love these glimpses into your world. We have so much to learn from our children dont we?! Motherhood has taught me a lot.
Sarah said…
I love hearing about Noah's personality. He reminds me a bit of my Lily!
No Greater Love said…
Oh, he is a stinker...I love it. :) I want to meet him someday. Sooner than later, I hope. :)
Wendy said…
Are you doing the Paleo diet? I have a family that is trying it and it is sooo hard!

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!