Summer Lovin'... Having a Blast

When life hands you blueberries........


Make Blueberry Muffins!



When life hands you apples....



Make Apple Pie!


When life hands you baskets and baskets full of tomatoes and zucchini....



Make Tomato & Zucchini Soup!




When life hands you cucumbers....



Make Cucumber Salsa!



I am so grateful for my Pa Lester and Mawmaw Ruby... and it warms my heart that Noah, Eli, and Nandi have been able to spend time with them this summer. The kids love wandering through their garden... picking blueberries and apples and foraging for zucchini and eating tomatoes off the vine.


My grandparents are a huge blessing to me and and even bigger blessing to my children. I thank God that the kids are able to know their great-grandparents and make memories with them this summer.


P.S. Don't forget to check out the BEST blueberry muffin recipe ever! Be sure to swap buttermilk for the milk. It's delish! Thanks for the blueberries, Pa & MawMaw!


<



Comments

I want the recipe for zuch/tomatoe soup.
sandwichinwi said…
what she said. Mr. GT just brought me the first armful of zucchini from our garden. Yay! (he says I won't be saying that in 2 weeks)

LOVE the piggy tails!

Blessings,
Sandwich
Mom 4 Kids said…
All of your kids seem to be doing so well and even though you haven't posted much about Nandi and her progress I feel like it can be seen even in the photos you share. You are an awesome parent! With awesome kids!
Recovering Noah said…
Hey Lori and Sandwich! Here's the recipe that we usually use: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Zucchini-Tomato-Soup-II/Detail.aspx

We adapt it to our taste. I actually like chunks of zucchini, but Noah won't eat anything that resembles a vegetable, so we use this recipe because it calls for using a blender.

Yep, Nandi's doing soooo good! I'm scared to blog about it b/c I'm afraid I'll jinx it! lol. But I feel a blog post coming on...

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!