GIven Much

We're on vacation right now and, boy, do I have a lot to blog about!! Whether I actually get around to it is another matter. I really should just do another video blog (or vlog as the cool kids call it), but seeing that my last one was, like, 30 minutes of pure ramble, I think I'll give it a pass.

Right now, we're in the hotel room and I'm watching Noah's face as Sim tries to feed him french fries dipped in Marmite. Sooooo gross. And such a British thing. Of course, Noah's favorite way of eating french fries is to dip them in water and get them all soggy.... which isn't much better if you ask me.

Anyway, my friend Chantelle wrote a fabulous blog today that I totally could've written myself. Except I didn't. And she did such a good job of it, I thought I'd send ya'll her way. You can read it here http://this-little-life-of-mine.blogspot.com/2010/07/im-super-mom.html.

She's a speakin' my language!

Tomorrow, we head out to Gonzalez, TX to see the fabulous Christine from Welcome to My Brain. She's like medicine to my soul. A wonderful RAD guru who sees me for free.

Don't get better than that!

Anyway, we're about to head to a museum. It is sooooooooo stinkin' hot in Texas that doing anything outside is a nightmare.

Speaking of nightmares, it's not really a vacation when you take kids along is it? I mean, I cannot tell you how many times we heard "Are we there yet?" on the measly 3 1/2 hour drive down here. Or "I'm bored!" "I wanna go home!" "She breathed on me!" "He keeps kicking the seat!" yada yada yada

I'm more worn out than before we left. And while I actually - gasp - kept up with my exercises while on our trip (yay for the hotel fitness room!), I totally counteracted it by dousing my stress in Sonic Sundaes and food from Curry in a Hurry.

Okay, enough about that. Sim's giving me the stink eye - which is code speak for "Get off the computer. We're on vacation!".

Sooooo....Adios!

Comments

Chantelle said…
Thanks for linking to me! You are an inspiration to ME, Leslie. Always have been. (((hug)))) Have a great vacation (amidst the taunting & bickering of your youngins!)
Lisa H. said…
You'll have to tell Christine about my situation....I read her blog for inspiration, but haven't emailed yet....Wonder what she'd do with my guy? Also, would love to hear her take on "The Connected Child....Could I just set the agenda for your whole visit? :o) And tell her I'd love to steal her "Pastor's Wife" Tattoo photo! It's one of my fav's!

Have a grand time....I'm thinking about T4A!

Lisa H.

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!