Mother of the Year

My friend Julie - God bless her! - sent me a link today that named me "Mother of the Year."

You can view the video HERE.

Have ya'll seen this? It's awesome. You can enter in anyone's name, and even though I know it's computer generated, good grief did it make my day.

So definitely send one to any stressed out mom you know. I guarantee she'll love you for it. (Love ya, Julie!)

As for how we're doing... well, things aren't any better. I mean, of course they're not. This stuff can take years, but I was so hoping we'd be that one exception, you know?

No such luck.

I had to call the school today because we are seeing alarming behaviors that I had to warn them about. It's like she is going through the entire book of RAD symptoms. I honestly don't know where this is coming from or what triggered all of this, but I feel like we've just been hit by an avalanche. We had no warning (well. looking back we had all the signs, but were completely naive) and we had no preparation for this. It's just completely overwhelming.

Anyway, we're going to meet with the school. I want them to know what we're seeing at home because the last thing I want is for her to spring these behaviors on the school and have them call CPS on us.

That is probably my biggest fear. Is that the kids will be taken away over some false allegation or some behavior that we have no control over....

Fortunately, I spoke with two of her teachers this morning... okay, that's an exaggeration... I sobbed in front of her teachers and somehow managed to choke out complete sentences... and they believe that we have not hurt her and they are behind us 100%.

I know that sometimes I joke about this small town that we moved to... but the PPCD teachers and the diagnostician here have been fantastic and I can't imagine being any other place and having to deal with this. It really is a blessing.

Anyway, we are trying to immerse ourselves in learning everything we can. We're ordering some Guided Imagery CD's and some more books. Looking into doing tapping. Thinking about attending the ATTACH national conference in September. Trying to find a therapist... all while making sure that scissors, knives, and heavy objects are put away.

No. I'm not joking.

Many of you have asked how you can help. Honestly, just please pray for us - specifically me and Sim. We are patient people, but this is unlike anything we've ever dealt with. And we have two other children with various needs at home - and those needs are not being met.

Oh. And plates of brownies are always welcome. ;-)

Looking forward to tomorrow. I have the day off! Heading to the Homeschool Bookfair with my friend Tristan. Awesome Christine is driving down from OK to meet us and we're going to have a blast. I have warned Sim that I may leave early in the morning and may not return until late at night. I'm just going to soak it all in. Eat a little Tex-Mex. Maybe do a little thrift store shopping. And gab gab gab all day with friends. Can. Not. Wait!!

Comments

Hannah said…
Sending hugs and lots of prayers your way. Praying for courage, God's peace and strength, and wisdom beyond anything this world has to offer.

So wishing I could be there for the outing!

Blessings!

Hannah
julie said…
Well....you ARE the Mother of the Year!!

Praying for you, sending hugs, and will work on the brownies this weekend ;)

Have a great day tomorrow,

julie
Sneha V said…
You're def in my prayers, BUT my brownies are a little disgusting. But if you want cupcakes, I'm your girl. ;)

Have a really, really great day tomorrow. You definetely deserve it! :)

<3SnehaV
TracyC said…
Have a terrific time tomorrow!!!! I'd send you brownies but after a week in the post...hmmm...they might be yet another weapon.

You know I am praying for you big time. Keep up the good fight.
Wendy said…
Mother's Day is a HUGE trigger. Even if you have not made a big deal about it, they have been gearing up at school. Plan to get away for a little while on Sunday, don't make it any special thing, de-escalate the situation by un-celebrating it. Maybe next week you will see improvement. The end of the school year also causes meltdowns. Any changes can trigger escalating behaviors. Keep a tight schedule, let her know exactly what the schedule is and will be, and please try to not take it personally (yeah, easier said than done!)

Now where do I send the brownies?
Lisa H. said…
Praying for you, Leslie!

Hugs!

Lisa H.
Happy Mother's Day weekend! Glad the video gave you a smile.

Sending good thoughts for your kids' health and your family.

best,
Anita, MomsRising.org
Anonymous said…
Leslie:
I have been praying for you all and will continue.Please feel free to share and vent anytime you want.We want to be here for you.Have a great time with your friends.
Leveta

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!