Headed to India...

No, I'm not running away. Although I have thought about it....

The one thing that has kept me going is knowing that I'll be in India in January. I'm going to see Sarah! Whoo hoo. Insert major happy dance!

In fact, a whole group of us are going. Most of us go to the same church, but the trip is open to anyone who has a heart for God and a desire to help children with special needs.

Anyway, we've started a blog to chronicle our fundraising efforts. We have A LOT of fundraising to do. Not only are we trying to raise money for tickets, but we're hoping to raise enough money to build a playground for Sarah's kids.

If I recall, the nearest playground is an hour and a half away AND they have to rent a bus to take the kids.

Can you imagine not being able to just walk outside and hop on a swing?

EVERY child deserves the chance and the freedom to play. And we hope to help make that happen!

All of our fundraisers will be listed on our fundraising blog. You can find it HERE.

Tonight we're having a FREE showing of Stars Wars IV - A New Hope (aka the original 1977 Stars Wars movie). It'll be a "movie under the stars" and will be shown outside of Books-For-Less in Gun Barrel City. It's free, but there will be a concession stand and a donation table, as well.

Tomorrow, head on over to Brookshire's in Seven Points for a FABULOUS Bake Sale from 10 -2. Plus, you'll get to see all of us in our cute aprons that we bought off of Etsy. ;-)

Hey, wait a minute! Shouldn't you head on over to our blog and read about it there?

What are you waiting for? :-)

Comments

Chantelle said…
Great set up, Leslie! I pray you raise tons of money to get there and help Sarah!

(oh and post more often, I miss you!)
sandwichinwi said…
Oh, LESLIE!!!! How wonderful that you get to go to India!!!! And how wonderful for Sarah's organization!

IwanttogoIwanttogoIwanttogoIwanttogoIwanttogo!!!!!!!


Running to check out the blog.

Blessings,
Sandwich
Anonymous said…
oh wow! I want to go!!!!!

How exciting for you! :-)
Wendy said…
So what exactly would a person need to be able to go? I am seriously interested!
Anonymous said…
Me too! I can't find an e-mail to ask the question so asking here.

Faye
fayejh@gmail.com
TracyC said…
Cool beans! I'm so excited for you. I wonder if there's a little softie who you could take pictures of while you are there..... :-D
Amy said…
YOU ROCK GIRL!!! Your life touches so many people Leslie! I am so proud to call you my friend! Go change the world- supporting and praying for you! Love, Amy

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!