Rudolph's Got Some Competition....

These are some pics of the homemade reindeer headband-thingamajigs-Saturday-bordedom-buster-craft thingy that I made for the kids...

Say THAT 7 times fast. Ha!












I totally stole the idea off a blog I read last winter and have waited all year for the trees to die just so that I could snag some dead twigs off my parents' land.

The headbands are just pieces of velcroed felt with scrap ribbon hot glued on top.

Sigh. I am so in love with my hot glue gun. It's the only type of gun I truly advocate for...

Anyway, glue some pockets on the inside of the headbands, stick some twigs in, and - voila! - instant reindeer.

We've decided that Nandini's reindeer name is Fliesty the Red-Nosed Reindeer. (She's got red lipstick smeared on her nose for full effect.)


It's a combo of Flighty and Feisty put together. Kinda like Bennifer and Brangelina - because, you know, we're so cool and hip that way.


Eli decided that he wanted to be in charge of picking his own reindeer name... and came up the name Big Horny.

I'm not sure how Santa's going to feel about having a helper with a name that belongs in the... uhm.... adult reindeer entertainment business.

Especially with Eli - oops, I mean Big Horny - running around saying, "Look at me! I'm so horny!"

Spoken entirely with the purity and innoncence of a 5 year old child, mind you.

I, on the other hand, have been snickering all morning long.


And, last but not least, we have Reindeer Noah. He decided to opt out of all the reindeer fun, which is a shame because his little headband was the cutest.


Eli gave him a name, too.... Pillow Fly.


That's right. Reindeer Pillow Fly.

I don't know where he comes up with this stuff. Sometimes I wish I could just crawl into his head for a few minutes. But most of the time I'm glad I can't.

So there you are. The three newest members of Santa's team:

Fliesty

Big Horny


and

Pillow Fly

And they all went down in history.... la la la la la.....

It's your classic Reindeer story with a twist. :-)




Comments

Leanne said…
Oh Eli....I'm in tears over here. :)
Lisa said…
That is just priceless! I would like to know what those doctors think of that! That child is so creative, just in a way that is not "normal." If you ask me, he is WAY above "normal" and just as wonderful! Great pics. Now I will never think of any reindeer songs the same again! ...... You might could copyright that and make a few bucks if you wanted! lol

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!