It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas




Ahhh, another craft stolen from some creative parent's blog. Are you sick of them yet?

This turned out to be a great one. I had originally planned on saving it until tomorrow night, but then I thought.... "Hmmmm... do I really want to get the kids all hyped up on icing and candy when I really need them in bed by 8:30??"

So we did it this afternoon.


Here's what you do:

Take one box of sugar ice cream cones - you know, the triangle ones
Add 3 tubs of white icing + green food coloring
One foil Santa
A cookie sheet or cake pan or whatever you have laying around
And Assorted candies. We used mini M&M's, Jujubes, and Gum Drops
(Oh, and I'm thinking about adding those miniature Rudolph's that CVS has on clearance)

Spread 2 tubs of icing on the bottom of the cookie sheet. Give an ice cream cone to each kid and let 'em go crazy. My kids had a blast. Well, Noah decided he was just going to eat all of his decorations. And by the end of it, Nandi looked a bit like Shrek with all the green icing on her face. Only Eli was Mr. Gung-Ho about having the absolute best decorated Christmas Tree in the whole world.

He's a bit competitive that way.







Anyway, it was a cool little craft. We played Christmas music in the background and drank hot chocolate - we basically turned a drab, drizzly day into a wonderful Christmas memory.

Hope you have as much fun as we did!


Comments

Amy said…
Oh it turned out SO CUTE! Such a great idea- not sure if I will get it together this year or not but I am tucking that idea away for next year for sure! :0) My kids LOVED the gingerbread playdough you made for them too. You are the woman I'm telling you!!! Have a GREAT Christmas- love you guys! Amy
sarah bess said…
You're such a fun mom. I want to be your kid!

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!