To Whomever's been praying for Eli....

THANK YOU!!

We have noticed some significant changes in Eli over the last few days. Behaviorally? Eh... not so much.

But cognitively? Heck yeah!

It's like a light-switch has been turned on in his head.

I know I've mentioned it before, but we have been working on numbers and letters for THREE YEARS. That's not an exaggeration. I mean, as of last week, Eli still couldn't recognize letters of the alphabet or any number except for the number 1.

We would show him a 2 and he would say it was a P. Or the number 6 was the number 3 and the letter S was the number V. And the only word that he could write, his name, was written backwards and upside down.

But something clicked in him Saturday and he wanted to watch the Leap Frog Letter Factory (thanks Amy!) over and over again. He's never been interested in that DVD. He always thought it was boring. But he must've have watched it 8 times over the weekend.

Yeah, yeah. I know that's a little bit too much TV watching, but there was no way I was yanking his butt off the couch just so that he could have a little fresh air.

Here, Eli. Have yourself a bit of popcorn and watch that thing again . Learn those letters, baby! Learn' em!

He also requested that we read Chicka Chicka Boom Boom (thanks Julie!) over and over.

And over and over and over and over and over.......

It was pretty amazing.

Sooooooooooooooooooo..... now that he's learning his alphabet the possibilities are endless. We can look for letters in magazines or on billboards or when we go to the grocery store. We can make up letter games now.

I'm going to say that there is nothing more amazing than watching a struggling child "get it".

It's truly wonderful.

So. I don't know who prayed for Eli this past week, but THANK YOU!!

Thank you.

Comments

julie said…
So glad to hear of the progress! We have been praying for him. Honestly, I haven't noticed anything too irregular with his behavior, so it kinda threw me when I read your blog. He is such a wonderful kid. We love him very much! --Will continue in prayer for his development and understanding.

Missed all of you this weekend. See you Thursday?

julie
Dreama said…
Yeah, it's cool when you see that light bulb go off. The twinkle in their eye, the expression on their face...sometimes I've even noticed it while looking in the mirror!!! LOL!!! See ya!
Amy said…
Oh I prayed, I prayed!!!! :0))) He's awesome- any way you look at it the kid is SUPER SWEET, SUPER CUTE and SUPER PERFECT! But still I prayed. Way to go Mr. Eli! We love you!!! Amy
April.. said…
I never met you but I come and read your blog.. I have been praying for Eli.. It brings tears to my eyes when I read about your son and what he is learning.. I have worked with a wide variety of ages with what your son has.. He is showing some wonderful progress.. GO Eli keep up the great work..

April

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!