Bringing back "The Rachel"


I am bringing back The Rachel.

You know. That fabulous haircut that Jennifer Aniston sported on Friends circa 1995?

That's right.


Don’t let anyone tell you that Leslie T is not a Trendy Wendy. Oh no. I know all about the latest trends. I'm just about 14 years too late. That’s all.

Actually, I missed the whole “Rachel haircut” thing because I was living in England at the time and wasn’t able to watch Friends.

Instead my nights were spent placing bets on whether or not I was going to freeze to death in my house with no heat and wondering if the drummer living below me was actually sober when he got the huge spiderweb tattoo on his neck.

Good times.

Anyway, my hair was driving me nuts. It got to the point where I was going to do a Britney if something didn't change.


Plus, my mom made the comment that if I grew my hair any longer it would make me look really old.


Mothers. You gotta love 'em.


(By the way, Mom. I know you're reading this. Thanks for watching the boys today. Love ya!)


So I made a spur of the moment appointment last night, took my outdated picture of Jennifer Aniston out of my purse and said, "I don't care how out-of-date it is, I want THAT hair."


And for the record, I do not carry a picture of Jennifer Aniston in my purse at all times. I printed the picture off a hairstyle page last night and took it just for the haircut.


Now my husband. Well that's a different story.


Kidding!


Anyway. Snip snip. Trim trim. Spray Spray. And VOILA!


Jennifer Aniston I am not.


Nah, the cut is cute. It took several inches of dead end stringiness off and for the two hours before I went to bed last night my hair actually looked fabulous.


And then I slept on it all night and woke up.


The secret to having gorgeous hair lies in having the money to have someone fix it for you every day.


Either that or eyes in the back of your head. Or octopus arms.


I don't know how anyone is coordinated enough to fix the back of their hair and make it look bouncy and full of awesome-ness.


Plus, a hand-held mirror to look at your backside in the mirror is not your friend, folks. That's why they have you sitting down in a chair in the hair salon when they swing you around to "check out the back." Because they all know you'd fall into hysterics if you got a full-length shot.


Goodness gracious. Whew.


Anyway, I have to run. Nandi is having her evaluation at Scottish Rite today and we have to get ready.


Gosh, I hope no one mistakes me for Jennifer Aniston today. Boy, you know, that would just be sooooooooooo embarrassing.


Now where is that scotch tape? I need to post that picture to my bathroom mirror so that I can get it just right.....

Comments

Anonymous said…
Cool! Can't wait to see it!
Tammy said…
We want PICTURES!!!!! :)

Tammy M
Recovering Noah said…
Ha, Tammy!! I WANT pictures. And you KNOW what I'm talking about, missy!

Shara, you might be sorely disappointed when you see it. I think the closet thing my hair has in common with her hair is that it's brown. That's about it. Oh, and the same length. It did look good last night, but then I slept on it and ruined it. Must remember to sleep standing up.

Plus, I have bangs. Kind of ruins it. But I still like it. :-)
Anonymous said…
I had this hair cut and loved it! I always think about getting it again. But this time I will call it the "Leslie cut". I can't wait to see a picture!
Anonymous said…
That last comment was from me, Jaimie.
Dreama said…
Funny!!! I remember years ago...ok, I'm dating myself. I wanted the "Farah" do. My mom took me to get it cut, they turned me around and Viola...I still looked like Dreama. Just remember, a good hat comes in handy!!! Can't wait to see to ya!

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!