The Verdict

I drove to Target this afternoon to try out the new Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses.

That's right. I drove all the way to Mesquite.

Because when I get a craving, nothing - not even the price of gas - is going to stop me.

In fact, on the way up there, Sim called and said:

"What are you doing?"

"I'm going to Target."

"Target? Why??"

"To get a bag of the Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses."

"You're driving all the way to Mesquite for that?"

"Yup. Got a problem with it?"

Even Sim knows not to interfere when I'm on a chocolate mission.

So, imagine my delight when I get to Target and discover that not only do they have a whole shelf of the Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses, but they also have CANDY CORN flavored ones, too!

While some of you may recognize the start of the Fall season by the weather turning cooler or the leaves turning color or reruns finally being over... I know that Fall has officially arrived when I can walk down the aisle of any grocery store and see bags of candy corn on the shelf.

And Target carries Candy Corn flavored Hershey Kisses. Does it get any better than that?

It was as if God had smiled down on me and said, "Here child... because I know you work so hard."

So, I buy two bags for myself and two for a friend of mine who just had a baby last week and is breastfeeding - because she says that breastfeeding causes you to crave chocolate.

I guess I've been breastfeeding for the last 35 years and didn't know it.

Anyway, I get home and try a bite. One word:

Gross.

Okay, two words. Eeeeew, gross.

How about three words? Nasty, nasty, nasty.

Four? WHAT?? WHERE'S THE CHOCOLATE????

There's no chocolate in there. None. Not one bit. It's a complete scam for suckers like me.

I was craving chocolate - not fake vanilla that leaves a weird coating on the roof of my mouth.

It's a pretty good thing our nearest Target is an hour away or I'd be marching right up to the customer service desk, plopping my disgusting faux chocolate on the counter and demanding a refund.

Hershey's should be ashamed of themselves.

Or at least put a warning on the bag that reads:

"Attention! This bag does not contain chocolate. If you are PMS'ing then DO NOT buy this bag of candy. It will tick you off even more."

There you have it. Don't waste your time with it. Unless your taste buds are screwed up. Then, you might actually find the taste pleasant.

As for me. I've decided to stick to Reese's. Good 'ol Reeses. You can never go wrong with one of them.

And just for people like me... they come in a cute pumpkin wrapper this time of year.

Comments

sandwichinwi said…
Oh, Leslie! I've been following this journey with queasiness and I could've told you, Girl...

NEVER mix fruit or vegetables with chocolate! NEVER.

It is not ever a good thing.

(also spice is a bad combo, although I do like a little cinnamon in my chocolate chip zucchini bread.)

I'm so sorry you had this terrible experience (and wasted $40!)

Blessings,
SAndwich
Amy said…
LOL Yes, I could have told you too. You see, they were giving out free samples last time I was in Target and those were my exact words. Gross. Oh and then gag. LOL And now I am really mad because you were that close to me and didn't come see me again? Oh my heart HURTS. ;0) Amy
TracyC said…
Pssstt...Leslie...I'll tell you a secret...I eat semi-sweet chocolate chips straight out of the bag...the kind you are supposed to use to make cookies...I think why bother with the eggs, sugar and flour...just go straight to the source of goodness. I am very sad for this emotionally painful event (The trip to Target, not me telling you I eat chocolate chips straight from the bag.)
Recovering Noah said…
Sandwich - don't tell me you don't like chocolate-dipped strawberries. Now, that's a match sent straight from heaven. But, yeah, I don't think cinnamon and chocolate go well together. Of course, there wasn't any chocolate in there - so I can't really say. I was able to stop off at Chik-Fil-A on the way home. So it wasn't a totally wasted trip.

Amy - Oh man, I should've mentioned my chocolate cravings to you the other day. You could've saved me 2 hours driving time. And, yeah, I know - I was only about 35 minutes from you. I figured you might be worn out on us by now. But, hey, my offer to paint your house still stands.

Tracy - a girl after my own heart. I do that, too! Chocolate lovers of the world unite. And if you want to know my deepest darkest secret.. sometimes, I squirt Hershey's syrup straight into my mouth - right from the bottle.

Gosh, I'm blushing.
Elizabeth said…
Hi, I found you through Amy's blog! And I must say that the I am disgusted by just the name of those hershey kisses!! icck!! I would stick with the dove choc, but they get expensive, so the choc chips in the bag, in the pantry, I haven't done in a LONG TIME...i think i may need to pick some up the next time in the store....ALSO, LOVE REESES!!

Thanks for the giggle!!
Elizabeth
Holly said…
How funny. I found you through Michelle Riggs' blog.
I love how you express yourself!
Thanks for the warning- I'll stick to Dove chocolates...but oh the Reeses are excellent as well.
Much cheaper than counseling!
smiles,
Holly

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!