I. Need. Chocolate!

I was absolutely gutted yesterday when I discovered that the new Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses are only sold at Target.

Absolutely gutted.

You see, the nearest Target is an hour away.

I know. I know. What is the world coming to do? If they can put a McDonald's on every 10 mile stretch of highway and a church on every corner... why can't they at least put a Target in every town?

Hey, I'd be happy with every county.

I think a meeting is in order with whoever is in charge of Henderson county. He's obviously slacking in his duties.

And I say he because if there was a woman in charge you know darn well that she would have advocated for a Target by now.

And possibly a La Madeline.

Anyway, I was so excited when I saw those little hershey kisses in the Sunday paper- all wrapped up in their bright orange foil - that all my literacy skills went out the window and I failed to read "Target Only" underneath.

I marched into Walmart with an air of excitement that I haven't felt since I hit the 90% sale at CVS and marched straight to the Halloween candy aisle with Noah and Alaina in the buggy and Eli and Nandi running - uh, I mean walking - beside me.

And I couldn't find them. The Hershey Kisses, I mean.

It was only then that I realized that they were a Target exclusive. I mean, what is with that?? Does Hershey's have an agreement with Target to where only they get the cool seasonal chocolates? Are we rural dwellers just out of luck?

I have no idea what my face looked like when I realized that, but it caused a passerby to actually stop and ask if I was okay. She then said, "You've sure got your hands full!"

Raise your hand if you've heard that at least twice this week.

Nandi and Eli were touching every single bag of candy they could get their grubby hands on. Noah had taken off one of his shoes and was trying to eat it. Alaina was screaming "No!" at the top of her lungs. No reason. Just because.

I mentioned she's two, right?

And I thought, my goodness, I'm going to pack these kids up and drive the hour to Target just to get my Pumpkin Spice chocolate.

But instead, I drove to a friend's house and we let the kids strip naked and play outside with the water hose while we stuffed our face with a bag Hershey miniatures.

Because we're classy that way.

But, today. Today's a different story. We have to go to Occupational Therapy today. And it's 30 minutes closer to the nearest Target. And the kids have been fighting since the crack of dawn. So... I think a trip to Target is in order.

Actually, it might be the only thing that saves my sanity!

Comments

C said…
I live in Oklahoma.

My nearest Target is in KANSAS!!!

It's just plain wrong.

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!