Last Day to Register to Vote!

I am a huge procrastinator and inherently lazy - so I wait until the last minute to do everything.

Yep. I've lived here for two years now and never registered to vote in this county.

I'm to blame for not voting in local officials who will push for a Target and Chik-Fil-A to open in our area. It's my fault. I take the blame.

Anyway, Sim called today and "gently" reminded me that I need to get off my tail and register before 5:00 pm today.

Notice how I put gently in quotation marks? Yeah. Because it didn't really happen that way.

That's called sarcasm, my friends.

Seems I'm married to a man who is also a procrastinator and who has been in this country for twelve years and is still not a U.S. citizen. Which means, 'ol Brit Boy can't vote in the upcoming Presidential election. And he's hoping that I'll cast my vote for him.

Hmmm.. we'll see. Although we agree on MANY issues, I say that if anyone ever hurt my family or one my kids, I wanna that see that sucker fry. Just saying.

Wow. Where did that venom come from? Hard to believe I used to be the campus advisor for Amnesty International.

That was before I became a mama and the thought of some $#%@! doing something to one of my kids makes me want to do things that will put me in jail.

Geez Louise. Did I wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning or what?

I need to get another cup of coffee and a Reese's.

Is there a reason for this post this morning?

Oh yeah. Today's the deadline to register to vote. I honestly have no idea who I'm going to vote for. I am so liberal on so many issues... but conservative on many others. Maybe I should run for president.

Ha! Did you get your laugh in this morning? I was hoping I could make you giggle with that statement and cause your Monday to be a bright brighter. :-) See, I'm thoughtful like that.

Here's the link to register online. Don't forget that you have to have it postmarked by 5:00pm today in order to vote:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/100408dnmetvoterregistration.d8cd7a2c.html

Happy Monday!

Oh, and if you stumbled upon this blog by accident this morning - I just want you to know that I'm not really a grumpy cow. I'm PMS'ing. Why my PMS ends up lasting 4 weeks out of the month, I'll never know.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yes, you made me laugh this morning. =)

I know we are registered to vote, but Aaron's been bugging me for a week or two to find our voter's registration cards. I found his after about an hour of searching through every drawer and cabinet in the house LAST NIGHT, but I can't find mine. I'm really hoping my drivers license will do!
hydra12 said…
That's called sarcasm, my friends.

Well, it IS national sarcasm awareness month :-)

but conservative on many others

Yea! I knew I could count on you!
BTW, do you know who this is, Leslie? I'll call you later and see ;-)
Recovering Noah said…
Can we use a driver's license? I could've saved a 42 cent stamp! :-)

Yes, hydra12, I know who you are. I checked out your blog. The words: 35, Japanese anime, and geek did the trick. Hello, Mark! (my twin brother). Actually, it was the word "geek" that gave away your identiy. hee hee.

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!