First Week of School

Not a whole lot to report here.

We started back to school on Monday. Our first day went a WHOLE lot better than last year's - except that Noah still thinks that glue is meant to be eaten.

Hey, at least he's not sniffing it.

Gotta keep positive here.

Anyway, this homeschooling thing.. sometimes I think I've got it under control and sometimes it just kicks me in the butt. But, so far, so good. Of course, we're only on day 3 and we didn't actually do any schooling today because we went to OT and then decorated the house for Sim's birthday.

Of course, by decorating, I mean crepe paper and banners from The Dollar Tree.

Because, obviously, we're a classy bunch.

The kids are going to make birthday cards out of dried beans for Sim. We're doing a shape theme this week and they're going to make square patterns out of the beans. And then we'll have a whole lot of fun practicing our math skills as we pick up all the excess from the floor.

Ba da bing, Ba da boom! There's our schooling for the day.

No, don't worry, they're learning lots of things.

Math: We'll all weigh ourselves tonight after eating Sim's birthday cheesecake and see how much weight we've gained.

Language: I'm sure they'll learn some new vocabulary after I weigh myself.

P.E.: They get plenty of exercise by running away from me whenever I ask them to do something.

Health: Did you know that eating grape popsicles makes your poo green? Fascinating.

Science: See Health.

History: We're actually still stuck on the "Dinosaur Age" - but, boy, will they be proficient if (when ) we're ever through.

Astronomy: Did you know the first dinosaur in space was the Maiasaura? Yeah, that's actually not in our book or on our curriculum, but it is true. Cool, huh?

Geography: This one we're actually all really good at. Sim and I love geography and with four different countries represented in our immediate household, we're always finding ways to sneak some geography in.

Nutrition: Um, well. Um. Hmmmm... They know that blue food coloring turns their poop green. Does that count?

Should be an interesting year.

Comments

julie said…
I love it!! Sounds like you are doing very well!

We have been doing the starfall program this week. I gave Brett the "Zac the Rat" stuffed animal and he was so excited. Zac has slept with him, sit on his school desk, jump to the shelves when he needs more room, and even eaten at the kitchen table this week.

He loooovvvvveeees starfall! Thanks for letting me know about it.
Anonymous said…
Lol.. I love your language lesson! That's why I don't keep a scale in the house. =)vt
Cammie said…
What a great post! Cracks me up!
Jenn said…
This is my kind of school day!

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!