The Countdown Begins

In 40 minutes, we are leaving to meet my daughter for the very first time! Right now, Mom is sitting in the hotel restaurant chowing down on South Indian food and chatting with a couple from CT that is also meeting their daughter today. I, however, can't stomach a thing. I'm so nervous and excited that I'm afrad to eat. The good news is that my belly is getting smaller. lol. Seriously, though, I'm afraid to eat because I just don't want to chance getting sick or anything. The food's been great, but nerves are getting the best of me.We're in Pune now - the City of Nandini. :-) It is GORGEOUS here. I love Pune. It's completely different from the part of New Delhi that we're staying at. The Seasons Service Apartments are really nice. There's a pool and an indoor playground. The orphanage is two blocks away and we saw some of the kids sitting in the window when we drove by yesterday. When we got here, I had a terrible migraine and went to bed immediately, which resulted in me waking up around 2:30 this morning. My sleeping habits are very off. My mom is doing great. Much, much better than I expected. She's being very adventerous in trying all the different foods. She's also in charge of tips - after my 1,000 rupees fiasco. I think I'm walking all over India with a huge, flashing neon sign that reads "Sucker" and, therefore, I'm attracting all the hagglers and beggers. I just supply Mom with a stash of ones and then duck into the next room whenever it's time to leave a tip. Her days of working at a flea market have prepared her well. She won't take cr-p off anyone and I think the hotel staff is scared of her. lol. You don't mess with my mama! lol.The CT couple brought their 5 year old daughter, Ruchi with them. They adopted her from BSSK 5 years ago. Oh my, she is gorgeous. She is the spitting image of Noah. Literally. They could be biological siblings. She has taken me and mom by the heart - and she is in love with us. She's attached herself to me, and, of course, I'm eating it up. She is the sweetest little thing.Okay, 35 minutes until we meet Nandini. I'm praying that God will prepare her heart for us. I'm hoping that she will do okay and I really have no idea what to expect. By the time Sim puts this up on the blog (we can't access blogger from here, so I'm emailing him the updates), we will already have Nandini in our arms.I've got her little backpack all packed up with different outfits and toys. The legal documents are in my satchel. One more trip (or possibly two... or three) to the bathroom and we're all set. lol.Did you really need to know that? :-)Will try to update later. The CT couple brought a laptap and maybe we can post pictures later. Can't promise, but will try.The next time you hear from me, I'll have 3 kids - one girl and two boys. How on earth did I get so blessed?Noah's Mom.... and Eli's Mom.... and Nandini's Mom

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ugh! The excitement is killing me! Without knowing the exact time difference between there and here, I KNOW it's been OVER 40 minutes since you posted this!!! I can hardly imagine all the emotions you're experiencing right now. A beautiful baby girl!!! Congratulations :)
Anonymous said…
I am so excited for you Leslie! I cannot wait to see pictures of your newest addition to your family :)

Congrats Leslie, Simeon, and big brothers Noah and Eli!

Nicole
Dreama said…
Oh, I'm excited for you also, Leslie!! You and Sim are truly special people! I know you can't wait to get your baby girl home! I imagine her outfits are fabulous!!!

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

My 10 Minute Catch-Up Blog Post