Bonjour from Belgium

Well, I don't have anything insightful to post, but thought I'd pop in and say that we made it safely to Europe. Just another 16 hours to go.

Ugh.

I always thought my bottom had a lot of cushion, but let me tell you, it is ACHING.

We are going to look for something good to eat, but everything is written in French. Hello, people! English is the universal language. (Just kidding. That was for you, Geri).

And I did complete 2 years of college French, but I can definitely say that it's not like riding a bicycle. It has not come back to me.

So, we may starve. Except my mom packed a bag of mini-sized Snickers on her carry-on.

God Bless Her.

Okay, just a quick note to say hi. I'm not sure when we will get another chance to use the computer. We are anxiously waiting to get to India and soak it all in. I cannot believe that we'll be meeting Nandini for the first time on Monday. Can you believe it???

Oh, and if you want a good, inspiring read, then check out "Leaving Microsoft to Change the World" by John Wood. I picked it up at the bookstore in NY and read most of it on the loooooooooong flight to Belgium. It is awesome! (Sim, you would love it, but it would make you want to quit your job tomorrow.... so I'm going to have to debate on whether or not I let you read it.)

Allright, off in search of coffee. Well, see if Belgium coffee rivals the French Vanilla Cappucino that I can get at Food Fast.

P.S. Dad, Mom is okay. She looks like a complete tourist in her short-sleeved T-shirt - when it's WINTER in all other parts of the world except for Texas and India. But she's doing okay. She just broke out the snack pack of peanuts and we've been having a junk food fest. Oh, and she says she tried to call, but the phone card can't be used with a payphone. Now, that's a bit of a rip-off, isn't it?

Give the boys a kiss for me and tell Sim hi. Or, Sim, if you read this, "HI!" And be sure to cut the boys hair while we're gone. Thanks! :-)

Take care,

Noah's Mom

Comments

C said…
ALMOST THERE - sort of! ha!

Counting down the days for you to Monday!!
Anonymous said…
WOOHOO!!! Glad to hear all is going well so far...good luck..we're praying for you and can't wait to meet Nandini!
Anonymous said…
Leslie! I didn't know you had posted already! It's almost time :) How exciting! You know, you are taking about a ga-gillion others of us with you as you post about your journey! We're all back here waiting, in pins and needles for precious Nandini!! Keep us posted as you can, k?

With love from Texas,

Julie

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!