Lots of News

Okay, before I start... I'm a bit embarrassed about my emotional blogging meltdown from the other day. It's just a subject that's waaaaaaaaaay too close to my heart - and it gets me every time. I can't help it.

I also found out that Logan's mother signed over complete 100% custody to the State of Texas. In other words, she officially gave him up. She and the family are not entitled to any visitation rights and he is not able to come home for weekends or over Christmas. It wouldn't have happened anyway, but this cements it all. He's 11. I just cannot imagine signing your 11 year old to the State.

Anyway, I can't think about it.... because in the midst of all of this, there has been some good news.

First of all.... Nandini's Scrutiny Report was passed!!!! Yea! Thank you ALL so much for your prayers. The judge passed it and has scheduled our final court hearing for next Tuesday, August 28th. That's the night of our August 27th, so the decision will be made when we wake up in the morning and we'll find out the next day. Again... even though it's scheduled for the 28th, he might not show up for work or the lawyer may not show up. It might get postponed. But we're praying he's issues the verbal guardianship and then we wait about a month for written orders and then another month for passport and visa. If everything gets approved on the 28th, we are looking at travelling around the end of October or beginning of November! That is so amazing. So please keep Nandini in your prayers.

Now, on to some really awesome and amazing news.... Noah said "I love you!". Yes, you read right. He actually talked. It happened on Saturday.. and truthfully, I should've blogged then because the excitement was so overwhelming. Also, he hasn't talked since then. He's actually had a rather crummy past few days (three new abscesses have popped up - 2 on his bottom. Ouch!). But he did talk on Saturday. He just woke up and said, "Momma". Then, I said, "Baby, I love you" and he said:

Aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiii wub ooooooooooooooooo

Exactly like that. Very drawn out. Probably only a mother could understand it. But he said it. Then Eli got really excited and started shouting, "Say elephant! Say crocodile! Say giraffe!" and Noah actually said "Eh.... Kuh....Guh"... the first sounds of each word. It was amazing. And, yeah, he's stopped talking since... but it's in there and I think we're on the verge of something big.

Oh! And he's started giving kisses again. The last time he freely gave kisses was April 13, 2003. We were at Aunt Jayne's house and I remember it clearly because it was the first time he ever crawled up a flight of stairs. He was 3 days shy of 18 months and before we left, he leaned over and gave James and Tyler a kiss. And that was it. That was the last time.

Well... all of a sudden, he started giving kisses again. He even kissed Julie on the cheek after LifeGroup last week. He's also started coming straight at us with his mouth open wide and his tongue sticking out. Not sure where he learned THAT type of kissing. I think maybe I need to find out what Elmo is up to these days. Maybe he's been watching the PG-13 version of Sesame Street. :-) And, no, he didn't learn it from me. Puh-leeze. My husband's British, not French. hahah - yeah, yeah, yeah. Poor joke.

But things with Noah have just been really cool. Granted, he's awake right now banging on the baby gate. (One good thing about all of this is that he hasn't figured out that he can push the baby gate down. We would be lost without it b/c it keeps him from wondering around the house banging drawers in the middle of the night). Right now, though, he can see me at the computer and he thinks it's completely unfair that he has to go to bed - and he's going to wake up the whole house with his frustration. He's also not talking anymore and I think maybe he just doesn't feel good - but I know it's around the corner. And I've got hope. And hope is AWESOME!

Better get to bed. Maybe turning of all the lights will make him quiet down a bit.

Noah's Mom

Comments

Anonymous said…
That is so awful about Logan. I read your previous post, but couldn't comment because the words just wouldn't come. I cannot imagine giving my child away. That's just heart wrenching.

Nandini, on the other hand, just makes me want to shout! Hurray!!! How exciting for your family to know you're one HUGE step closer to getting her home. I can't wait to see her in person!!

And....then there's Noah!!! Wow! The words "I Love You" to a mom are so precious. I have often said that I hope Brett never changes the way he pronounces them..."I Wub You Momma"! It's just music to my ears everytime he tells me that and throws his arms around my neck!

I loved every ounce of Noah's kiss the other night too! I feel so special being the rare recipient of his affection! God is healing him, and we will continue to pray :)

I'm so glad that you are having good days this week! May you have many, many more!

See you tomorrow,

Julie
Cherie said…
Hurray!!! God is so good and has great plans for you and your sweet family.
Buddy said…
Cherie had me praying first thing for Nandini. She called me in the car to remind me the other morning. So we will also be praying on the 27th. God has it all under control.

God is doing an awesome work. It is exciting to see and hear of the advances that Noah is making and I am continuing to lift him up in prayer.
Recovering Noah said…
What time do you all go to bed at night???!!! I got up this morning and was stunned to find 3 comments. :-)

Thanks for all the prayers and the congrats on Noah. We still have a long road ahead, but I really, truly know that God has something really big planned for Noah - and I'm so excited to see it all unfold.

See you all tonight.
Anonymous said…
Leslie:
Wonderful news about Noah!!!! That is so awesome!! "I love you" are wonderful words to a Mama's heart no matter how they are said and he tried to say the animal names too!!!We are going to keep on praying for that sweet boy and his Mama,Daddy,and little brother.

SO sad about Logan.That breaks my heart.I can't imagine making a decision like that.

SO cool to here that things are going well with getting Nandini home.We will keep praying that they judge shows up and does what he is suppose to and that little girl can be on her way home soon!
Leveta
Dreama said…
you've been tagged, check out my blog for the rules.

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!