Things are Looking Up

It's so wild how good things have been lately. We feel so at peace right now with Noah and his therapies. I keep watiting for some bomb to drop and disrupt it all. You know a few weeks ago I mentioned that someone (a stranger, at that!) sent us their old Maclaren Major special needs stroller for free. It saved us hundreds and hundred of dollars. Well, I also mentioned that our OT.... (and I'm going to give a shout-out. It's Therapy Works! in Kaufman and the OT, Melyn, is AWESOME)... applied for Noah to receive a free adaptive tricylce from Amubcs. (http://www.ambucs.com/). The Mesquite club gives out 1 tryke or bike a week and they chose Noah for tomorrow's meeting. Can you believe it????? I wasn't even sure if he'd get selected - and if so, I thought it'd be months from now, but we got the call yesterday. I'm so excited. They're having a lunch tomorrow and they're going to present the tryke to him. I'm sure I'll be sobbing. (Note to self: stick a travel pack of Kleenex in my purse. Nope. Better make it a box). I'll try to post a picture of Noah on his new tricycle tomorrow.

And then... we mailed off the deposit check for Noah's 4-day camp at HALO in October. We had a garage sale last weekend - actually, it was Th-S all day. In Denton, we had garage sales on Saturday from 8-12 and then we were done. Out here, it's like an all week event. And, man, is it exhausting. But I can't complain because after expenses (such as eating at Sonic all week b/c we were too tired to cook) we had EXACTLY the amount of money that was required for the HALO deposit. I didn't even know it was the exact amount until we received our deposit bill yesterday. Now, is that God at work or what?

But, for some reason, I can't help but feel anxious that the floor's gonna drop out from under us. Why is that a lot of people (and I'm including myself in this) can't accept that sometimes good things happen just to happen. Or maybe we feel we don't deserve it. Or maybe we've faced so much disappointment in our past that we're scared to fully embrace the good things in life. These last 4 1/2 years have been the most difficult of my entire life. There's a part of me that says, "It's about time things start looking up. After all we've gone through, we DESERVE it" and the other part of me says, "Don't you go walking around with that attidue or God will surely take it away as fast as He gave it to you". It is scary, though, how things are falling into place. And they are falling into place. Maybe it's just because I've stopped trying to be the Leader in all of this and am finally letting God lead - and trying to accept His will in it all.

So... what's changed? Is it really Noah that's changed and gotten better? Or is it me that's changed? Am I seeing him in a different light? Are the changes real - or is it just my perception? And where did these good people come from? Have they been there all along and I was just too focused on doing everything myself? Why did I carry the burden by myself for so long? Whatever is happening, I'm not going to fight it. I'm just thankful for how things are. It's still hard (such as Noah shrieking at the fluoresecent lights in Walmart today - and everyone glaring at us), but it's okay. It'll be okay. And things are looking up. And the view "up" is soooo much better than the view looking "down".

Noah's Mom

Comments

Dreama said…
Hi Leslie! I have wondered about you guys since we haven't seen you lately. After reading your blog it sounds like you've been very busy!
Just remember:Psa 55:22 Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved. Hope to see you all soon.

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!